Numbering Photos

DwightB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We need some advice on numbering photos. My daughter entered a contest and won an award. Other entries had numbers on them like 2/50, which I suppose means that print is the second of 50 the artist made. My daughter had no numbers on hers. Somebody mentioned that she should have made an issue so she could sell several. The contest rules said nothing of "ownership" or "allowable subsequent prints", so can she now make additional prints of the winner? - and sell them? Does she have to put 1/50, 2/50 etc on them? If she puts 1/50, 2/50 etc on them, does that mean she actually has to print 50 at once to do that? What if she does sell all of the 50 print issue and sells all, can she print more, or does the neg have to be destroyed?

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not aware of any such rules about numbering your photos...you can pretty much do what ever you want. Although, if you are selling a photo as 'one of a limited number'...it would be fraud if you printed & sold more than promised. If you want to number them so that people might think they are limited...that's not illegal...just don't deceive anyone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back