Nws & caution. Elk head photos.

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Inspired by OldNavy's deer shots. Photographed in April 2004. This is shot at a pull out in the Gros Ventre wilderness. Obviously this guys head just fell out of the truck. Sometimes they hind and quarter the animal. Mostly because they are so big and could be miles or even days away from the truck. Also the Forest Service has an elk head barrel in the same pullout. Not sure what that is all about. Let me know what you think.

elkheadpu9.jpg

elkhead2gd6.jpg

An AZ Game & Fish Officer watched my whole deer hunt last year, from stalk to shooting. He even helped us carry him back to the truck. He asked me for the head so they could run some tests on it. I sawed off the antlers and let him take what he wanted. That's all he did was throw it in the back of his truck, although it was bagged & tagged. I got a postcard in the mail a few weeks later letting me know it was free of any diseases. He mentioned that they get hundreds of heads from some of the game butchers in the unit for testing/research purposes.

Yes, they like to test the head/brain. It's the best way of testing for disease.

A few weeks back, I posted some shots of a moose head...that had been left in the bush for a while. Here. Not a pretty site...or smell. :puke:

Wow...can ya imagine driving down the road and this head comes bouncing out. ? Did ya get a shot of the skull later?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back