NY Institute of photography??

I don't think so. Can you call them?

Ya, there is a phone number, not really into the high pressure sales tactics that some colleges use though.

Years ago I sent away for some info (via mail) and got offers for about 2 years later when I didn't sign up. I just wasn't sure if I would get my moneys worth if I signed up.

What's the number? calling now

Not accredited meaning they don't give college credits. You don't get a degree but they are recognized by department of education.

I'm seeing a lot of reviews saying they are outdated. I've actually considered them by the way...Education is wonderful thing.

Find a local photographer who will work with you. School is great but hands on is great as well.

I actually jsut requested information. Strange how they don't edit their website to say DVD/CD instead of audio tape.

What's the number? calling now

Not accredited meaning they don't give college credits. You don't get a degree but they are recognized by department of education.

I'm seeing a lot of reviews saying they are outdated. I've actually considered them by the way...Education is wonderful thing.

Find a local photographer who will work with you. School is great but hands on is great as well.

I actually jsut requested information. Strange how they don't edit their website to say DVD/CD instead of audio tape.

Cool, Thanks! It sounded like a great course, but I'm just a bit cautious when it comes to things like that, and I hadn't heard any reviews from real people (meaning from their own site) either way.

I called them right after she posted the thread and he said they don't give college credits but it is recognized by department of education.

Personally I would save the dough, buy "The Negative' by Ansel Adams and 'Understanding Exposure' by Bryan Peterson, ask us your questions and buy a buttload of film and/or gear and have fun. That's what I did, unfortunately after paying the tuition for cirriculum that, though informative, I quickly outgrew and became bored with. Then again, I have always been more of a self-learner, disliking organized education. Just me. Just my two cents. Back to the darkroom.

Personally I would save the dough, buy "The Negative' by Ansel Adams and 'Understanding Exposure' by Bryan Peterson, ask us your questions and buy a buttload of film and/or gear and have fun. That's what I did, unfortunately after paying the tuition for cirriculum that, though informative, I quickly outgrew and became bored with. Then again, I have always been more of a self-learner, disliking organized education. Just me. Just my two cents. Back to the darkroom.

Thanks, I am usually more of a hands on learner myself, I am just wanting to have a more instructional learning of the basics like understanding lighting, composition etc...

I do plan on purchasing those books once I "borrow" my hubbies credit card lol. I :heart: Ansel Adams by the way.

Want an organized course? Look into courses at a local community college or workshops with camera clubs or local photographers.

Unfortunetly I live in a fairly remote community with nothing like that available. Perhaps when I move (hopefully soon) I'll be able to get my hands on some good local courses or clubs.

I to was considering taking their pro course, i talked to them via email, and they did say they updated their course so its more digital (a complaint was that it was more focused on film a few years ago) this summer i might make the jump and take it.

Most reactions

Back