NYC C&C

okayhop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
EDIT: uploaded as JPEG...

Have had my D5000 for 3 weeks now so C&C away. Thanks!

Full set here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34258305@N08/sets/72157624350193371/

Image__0081.jpg

settings: F-stop: f/9, exposure time: 1/6, ISO: 400, focal length: 22mm

Image__0111.jpg

settings: F-stop: f/9, exposure time: 1/6, ISO: 400, focal length: 26mm

Image__0051.jpg

settings: F-stop: f/11, exposure time: 1/10, ISO: 400, focal length: 38mm

Last edited:
Hmmm, not really seeing anything specific in these images. What aspect(s) are you wanting critique on?

Is it the resolution you chose for uploading your pics that makes them noisy to the point of dotty?

Mainly exposure since thats what I was trying to get right, esp for outside during the day such as the city. I have been working on my pictures not coming out washed out or too dark. Any other newbie tips would be appreciated also.

I used a free resizer and set one side to 800px and not to crop. Guess that would be why?

They are all GIF images which destroy the color pallet, only 256 colors. Upload them in high quality JPG.

all I can say is try harder. Study composition. Make pictures.

I would kill to live and photograph in NYC.

Just did a new album with everything in JPEG and different resize options. Hoping to get some solid feedback since I am new to the whole world of photography. Books and websites can't offer feedback after all ;)

Looks a lot better now w/JPEG upload...I like #2 (except guy in background looking @ camera...crop?), not digging 1 or 3.

1- white balance
2- I see what you were going for here. You should probably try a tripod and a slower shutter speed.
3- this just seems like a random snapshot. Not sure what to say about it

Most reactions

Back