NYC Cityscpae Sunset

Jaszek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
michalphoto.tk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Didn't get much attention in the Beginners section so I'll re post here.
1. Fixed the exposure on the sky in LR
3378130320_db7f05dc28_o.jpg

3378130526_873ee31937_o.jpg

The first one in my opinion is great.

Also the second one is nice but I dont like much how the sun came out here.

i agree with the above post - i love the second one
the clouds look amazing and the sun reflection is not too blown out, nice :)

Excuse me but I don't like your pictures.
The first one is too large and buildings are not straight (they seem Pisa Tower in Italy). I don't know which is the color of a NY sunset but I thought to see some more orange or blue. I don't like the position of the horizon (not in the center, not on one third), in my opinion was better one third of the image with sea and the rest with the sky, with a longer optic.

The second one semms to be an attempt of a sihlouette but not obtained. Buildings are not black. I think that you need an adjustment with photoshop or similar.

Ciao

The buildings seem crooked because I was using a wide angle lens (10 mm) which causes the sides to "collapse" inwards. Also now I remember that I was spending so much time in fixing the sky I forgot to move the horizon, but at least to me my eyes arent "battling" over the sky and water like other center horizon shots. Also for the second one check your monitor brightness b/c on my monitor the buildings are almost 100% black, all I see is the FDR drive on the bottom.

I like both of these. The sky is nice but if you could find day when the water was completely calm and reflective it would make these much nicer.

Nice, I like how the sun almost looks like a candle flame in the second one :)

Most reactions

Back