NYC Meet-Up Dates Poll

What weekend in November do you think the NYC meet-up should be?

• Both Weekends are No Good for Me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You found a better site! Thanks :D
When I looked it up, I found out that they aren't letting vistors up in the pedestal or up to the top, only on the Island.

Jeff Canes said:
Has anyone booked a hotel yet?[font=&quot][/font]

I was planning to on Friday, that's when I'm planning to get my plane ticket. I was planning to stay at the place that you recommended.

I would like to go on the NYC Meet-up . both dates are good for me.
i will be coming down from Kingston , New York

Bob Campbell

So... I went up to NYC for the day on Saturday, and made some observations. Here are some of my findings and ideas for places to visit

1) First and most importantly, B&H is closed on Saturdays. :grumpy: :lol: So we should plan to visit it on Sunday. Or Friday if people are coming up early.
2) Some great places / areas worth visiting are Central Park, Times Square, SoHo, and the South Street Seaport (where you can get great views of the Brooklyn Bridge). I think one day we should maybe focus on Midtown and maybe Uptown Manhattan (Central park, Times Square in Midtown; Harlem for example is in Uptown). Then we spend the other day in Lower Manhattan (i.e. Downtown, SoHo, Tribeca, the South Street Seaport etc.)
3) There are definately some buildings worth visiting, like the Empire State, Chrysler Building, Flatiron Building, Rockefeller Center, etc. Even whether we do or don't want to go to the top of places like the Empire State, it's only a very short walk from places like B&H or Times Square so we could shoot from the ground. But trust me, it's quite a hassle to stand in line to make it to the top of the Empire State Bldg. The line is very long and if I remember correctly takes several hours to get through.
4) Also, if anyone wants to be sentimental we could go to Ground Zero. However we should be cautious about this, as for some people this might be pretty emotional.
5) Another nice place to visit would be Wall Street and the NY Stock Exchange bldg. This is somewhere in Downtown Manhattan (I'm not sure exactly where)
6) Also another must-see is the Statue of Liberty. We would be able to visit this when we visit Lower Manhattan. Kind of like the Empire State bldg., I'm not sure whether it would be worth it or not to take the ferry all the way out to the island. And I'm not sure whether it's open for going inside or not. With September 11 and all that, I'm sure they have all kinds of security issues. But it's definitely something to consider.

Hope these ideas are useful. If anyone has any other places that they think are good to visit please feel free to add to my list. :)

You mist a must see (shoot) place. Grand Central Station and another must for me is
JFK airport. its been 20 years since I work for TWA at hanger #12.

Thanks for the nice perspective Unimaximum. :)

So, what is the latest update on the hotel resevation/flight bookings everyone? Who all are coming?

n2ncq said:
You mist a must see (shoot) place. Grand Central Station and another must for me is JFK airport. its been 20 years since I work for TWA at hanger #12.
I can understand The Grand Central Station, but JFK.. I don't know if the nice security folks would be thrilled to see a bunch of us with the cameras and stuff :D. But lets see how the day(s) goes.

second round of counting begins:

Jonmikal and possibly Linda (we'll stay with family but will attend all tours)

Most reactions

Back