NYC Meet-Up Dates Poll

What weekend in November do you think the NYC meet-up should be?

• Both Weekends are No Good for Me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1. jonmikal & linda
2. danalec99

I will be there and I'm bringing my friend Jill. We will be booking everything tonight, tomorrow at the latest.

Has a date been set for the Meet-up , I want to pencil in the date. If not do you have an idear when we will know. will we meet any earlier the 9:00 AM,as it will talk me two and half hours to travel to the city.
I am looking forward to the meeting.
Bob C

1. jonmikal & linda (2)
2. danalec99 (1)
3. Traci & Jill (2)
4. n2ncq (1)

6, as of now.

I've officially booked our flights, we will be there Thursday night Nov. 10 and leaving Monday, Nov 14! We thought we'd make it a mini vacation. I haven't booked the hotel yet, this is still in question as to where to stay. I will update as I know more.

1. jonmikal & linda (2)
2. danalec99 (1)
3. Traci & Jill (2)
4. n2ncq (1)
5. Unimaximum (1)

Total = 7

If you want a beautifull view of Manhattan take the tram over to Roosevelt Island. The ride itself is worth the fare, regular train fare, $2 each way, I think they take MTA's Metro Card so while in NYC get an unlimmited card for the day, you'll get your money's worth between busses and trains to get around. I sugest going in the evening when the lights are coming on, you'll see the Empire State building, Chrysler Building, the UN and many other beautifull buildings light up their jewels. There are a couple restaurants that are very reasonable, a pizza joint as well as a deli for sandwiches... etc. Oh and did I mention the Lighthouse on the Island? You are in the middle of the East River.

Paul Ron said:
If you want a beautifull view of Manhattan take the tram over to Roosevelt Island. The ride itself is worth the fare, regular train fare, $2 each way, I think they take MTA's Metro Card so while in NYC get an unlimmited card for the day, you'll get your money's worth between busses and trains to get around. I sugest going in the evening when the lights are coming on, you'll see the Empire State building, Chrysler Building, the UN and many other beautifull buildings light up their jewels. There are a couple restaurants that are very reasonable, a pizza joint as well as a deli for sandwiches... etc. Oh and did I mention the Lighthouse on the Island? You are in the middle of the East River.

Awesome, thanks for the suggestion! This sounds like a great place to go.

I just looked up Metro Cards and see they have a Fun Pass that costs$7 and is unlimited rides all day till 3am the next day. They can be bought in the train station at a Metro card vending machine.... http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/metrocard/mcgtreng.htm#unlimited

Since you will be traveling all over NYC, it is the best deal in town.

The tram info is on this site... http://www.ny.com/transportation/ri_tramway.html

Have fun, I'll try to meet up with you guys if I don't have anything to do those days you are in town.

So...does anyone have an idea for what time to meet on Saturday?

Also, where are the good places to eat pizza? I hear that I have to have it there.

i will be there too, but only on sunday.

and did someone say pizza? you'll have to try ray's pizza... world famous "original ray's" even though they all claim to be the original. this is typical new york city pizza... big floppy slices that you have to fold in half to eat. then there's the world famous grimaldi's in brooklyn, right by fulton landing (bottom of the brooklyn side of the brooklyn bridge, great views of the city) this is the place that would ship pizza to frank sinatra in vegas. and there's patsy's on the upper west side... which i believe is also world famous. i also like two boots, three of cups, and lodomini's which was rated in the top 5 pizza joints in the city.

there is so much amazingly good food here... if anyone is vegetarian let me know and i will tell you about the most amazing vegan restaurants.

oh yeah and try the bagels. go anyplace that says "hot bagels" outside, because they have the freshest ones.

also... no one has mentioned coney island. i know it will be cold by november, but coney island is a magical place all year round. if anyone would like to splinter off, i think it would be really fun.

and schedule some time on saturday afternoon to go to chelsea and see some art. there is a gallery guide called "photography in new york" that has all the current listings. and chelsea is so crammed with galleries that you can't walk through without tripping over them.

other neat things to see: st. patrick's cathedral, the intrepid museum (aircraft carrier), macy's herald square (it's huge!), the appollo theater, radio city music hall, the international center of photography, washington square park, st. mark's place, the west village, the trapeze school on the west side, and oh how the list goes on....

feel free to pm me if you have questions. see you all in a few weeks!

1. jonmikal & linda (2)
2. danalec99 (1)
3. Traci & Jill (2)
4. n2ncq (1)
5. Unimaximum (1)
6. Paul Ron (1)
7. gypsyIX (1)

Total = 9

Hi all
I am still up in the air about when and where we will meet on saturday Nov 12th
It like the old jock. Where are you located and the answer comes back at the
corner of walk and don't walk . Manhattan is a big place. You can miss your meeting
point very easly. I can remember missing a meeting with friend at Penn Station the
only problem was I was at the Long island Railroad part of Penn station and Dick was in the PENNSY part of Penn station four hours later we finely met. The odd
thing was on that trip. We were meeting to spend the day shooting photos of the
Pennsy and the Railroads in the New York area. By the way that was 1959 and I am still shooting photo trains today. I dont know how many of the people know New York. It be a good idear for all people who have a cell phone to have the other
members of the group cell number so if anyone get separated from the group we can in touch.

See you all on the 12th of Nov.

Bob C

It is so very true about the meeting spot, I think we decided to meet at the Imagine Mosaic at one of the enterances of Central Park and I'm not sure of the meet up time either, I believe 9am may have been discussed. Neither have been confirmed.

Most reactions

Back