NYC Panorama!

Pretty good, although not quite as amazing. This panorama is much wider, and therefore I really couldn't crop it or it would have been even narrower...

NYC557_stitch.jpg

If you were to take the pano and make it larger by clicking on top of the photo, you would almost be able to see where I live.

Look to towards the GW bridge. On the right side of the bridge, look past the bridge. You will see two white somewhat tall buildings. I live about 5 miles north of those.

Considering the lens you used, this pano came out really well.

ucfjag, thanks for posting that pic, now I definitely have to take a trip up to the city. pb, I guess thats Yonkers you're talking about?

ucfjag, thanks for posting that pic, now I definitely have to take a trip up to the city. pb, I guess thats Yonkers you're talking about?

You should! I wish i could have done Rockefeller at night, but didn't because my photos from the Empire State Building at night were lackluster at best. =(

-Paul

The buildings I made mention of are in Yonkers. I live a few towns north along the Hudson River.

That was pretty good though...how do you know the area so well?

I used to fly one of the news helicopters in the city, you really get to know the area pretty well that way. :)

Love it! I was just wondering if something could be done obout the glass barrier in the lower corners, seems a little distracting. I've never been to the top of the rock so I guess what i'm saying is there a way to get closer to the edge and still capture the same shot?

clone it out. :thumbup:

I used to fly one of the news helicopters in the city, you really get to know the area pretty well that way. :)

Wow! very cool.

I am very interested in one of the helichopter rides one can do for around $250 for 15 minutes around Manhatten.
Do you know if the ride is worth it? - for taking photos of course...:mrgreen:

I'm not sure how good they are now, I heard recently all of the tour companies had to stop flying over the city due to noise complaints. I think it's ridiculous considering all of the noise on the streets of NYC. All the companies just fly up and down the Hudson or East rivers and around the Statue of Liberty. It's still probably worth it though. If you go make sure you post up some pics. Oh, almost forgot those things tend to shake a bit so fast shutter and vr/is will be a big plus.:D

Nice pano, I have only been to NYC once and that as back in '93 it as a week after the world trade centre bombing.

This isnt 9/11 is it? Because that is in 2001.

I'm not sure how good they are now, I heard recently all of the tour companies had to stop flying over the city due to noise complaints. I think it's ridiculous considering all of the noise on the streets of NYC. All the companies just fly up and down the Hudson or East rivers and around the Statue of Liberty. It's still probably worth it though. If you go make sure you post up some pics. Oh, almost forgot those things tend to shake a bit so fast shutter and vr/is will be a big plus.:D

Thanks for the quick response.
I will let you know what I wind up doing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back