NYC underground series... would like some critique (:

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by jope88, Nov 24, 2008.

1. jope88

jope88 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm starting a series about performers in the subways of NYC. these are three images I've worked on so far (however I'm always messing around with this and that). I would like to know what you guys think so far. I'm trying my best to make the performers pop out of the image without making it too overbearing. any suggestions and critique would be greatly appreciated!

1. the jazzman
    [​IMG]

2. the flutist
    [​IMG]

3. the ballerina
    [​IMG]

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Awww, the ballerina photo is so cute, and it is interesting because we have to look for her - she's not to be seen at very first sight! That is the aspect I quite like here - for a change. I would usually adhere to the idea of "make your subject the only subject" and so on, but here it works perfectly fine to have her "in context", and to thus show how small the "ballerina" still is :D.

Nice series ... haven't others said it was going to become prohibited to take photos in the NY subways?

3. third_shift|studios

third_shift|studios TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    cool theme, I like them a lot. #1 is a bit dark and all his junk makes it difficult to figure out what i'm supposed to look at...perhaps an even longer exposure to make the other people blur more would have helped. Very nice work!

4. jope88

jope88 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thank you for your comment :) and I think I remember hearing something that like that; but you can see people take photos everyday in the subway, atleast of performers..so I guess its not really enforced x_x

5. jope88

jope88 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thank you :D; now that you mention it all his things make it quite hard for him to stand out.. I will try and fix that