NZ Roadtrip - Wellington to Hamilton (Lord of the Rings)

Wozza

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.nzgamer.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well did 1,300 km on my two days off last week, it was very good fun indeed. As I was on a tight time limit, there weren't many stops and not much time to get pictures, but I still got a few keepers. Really want to do this with more time for photo's some time. :)

2496190085_9c256c517c.jpg

This is Mount Ruapehu, and active volcanoe - but you probably know it as Mount Doom from Lord Of The Rings.

2498934918_0410c8e645.jpg

Huka Falls near Tuapo, strayed from the tourist paths to get my own angle.

2498965090_0c07e13d7c.jpg

Saw this driving between Hamilton and Rotorua, the light was too good to not pull over and grab a snap.

2505188966_1613ff581c.jpg

One of the many lookouts on the way up.

2504374425_78f17cd1e5.jpg

Next time gunna have time to jump this gate and get some closer shots of those cliffs, look interesting.

2504375907_9e92d9b02e.jpg

And then we ran out of light...

All up saw some new parts of the country and got out of the city for a few days - had a blast. :)

Let me know if you like the shots or have any comments.

i love those shots, the scenery looks so amazing out there too. *mental note, must go*

1, 2, and 4 I like the best

I've been staring at #1 for couple of minutes now, such a lovely shot & brings back fond memories. Reminds me of all the pictures I've been looking at of Mount KIlimanjaro lately, very cool!

#4's striking too, love how the light makes the green hills look so rich, with all the extra sparks of colour from the trees.

i love those shots, the scenery looks so amazing out there too. *mental note, must go*

1, 2, and 4 I like the best

Thanks - I came to NZ on a holiday and fell in love with the place, beautiful place to live.

4 and 6 are my definate favorites. I wanna go there to bad to take a million pictures.

Lucky.

I wanna get more time off work so I can travel around here and take more pics too :D

I've been staring at #1 for couple of minutes now, such a lovely shot & brings back fond memories. Reminds me of all the pictures I've been looking at of Mount KIlimanjaro lately, very cool!

#4's striking too, love how the light makes the green hills look so rich, with all the extra sparks of colour from the trees.

I wouldn't mind a trip to Tazmania. If you want a higher res of shot 1, check my Flickr. Yeah the tree highlights are what made that shot for me.

Thanks for the comments so far!

#2 and #4 are my favorites, but all of the shots are amazing. Makes me upset that i am stuck in florida for the time being.

Most reactions

Back