Oblique

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
800-7829.jpg

Beautiful photo Abraxas.
I usually like your photos but some how they feel oversaturated and a bit unreal. I guess you're aware of it and like it, but just to share my feeling.

Dani.

yea this one is strong in colour but i dont mind it with this image... the composition works for me too :thumbup:

yea this one is strong in colour but i dont mind it with this image... the composition works for me too :thumbup:

Thanks Arch.

Beautiful photo Abraxas.
I usually like your photos but some how they feel oversaturated and a bit unreal. I guess you're aware of it and like it, but just to share my feeling.

Dani.

Dani,

Without going into a long-winded self exploration, I'll just say that I am a bit oversaturated and unrealistic. I look back at some of my work and think- "Sheesh. Heheh." But that was the best expression I could make of how I felt at that moment. Every shoot and every editing session I try to bring that feeling and expression closer together. Just about everytime I feel I move closer. The difference between the emotion and the expression is what drives me.

At the top of my short list of influential photographers is Galen Rowell.
http://mountainlight.com/gallery.html

In my mind, Galen's work would be -just about perfect- if he would have spent more time in the Mojave Desert. However Galen's work, no matter how good I feel it is, is not quite an expression of how I feel. If it were, I'd sell my equipment, get haircut, a real job and buy prints. As it is, I feel it is my job to develop my interpretation.

Thanks for sharing how you feel. It means a lot to me- I have to continue on the path I've chosen and see where it takes me.

Thats really great! I love the way you captured the clouds.

Not concerned with originality are you?
Way too over saturated almost to the point of looking like a cartoon.

neato sky.

Try to find a way to take a photo of the same ol' scenes in a not so same ol
way.

I love it. I think you've really developed a cool style with the oversaturation and it works.

Thank you. I've been working hard at it and hope to get better.

Wow great shot taken from a great angle. Great light, beautiful colors and wonderful details! Great work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Greetings,
Ann :D

Wow great shot taken from a great angle. Great light, beautiful colors and wonderful details! Great work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Greetings,
Ann :D

Thanks a lot- I have some fun with it.

I took a look at your gallery- Looks like you love where you're at too.

I love it. Its beautiful. But then, I completely love over-saturated.

Thank you. Saturation is, for me at least, hard to get a handle on. I believe having a correctly saturated image best represents what is actually seen in the brief minutes/seconds of the half-light of sunrise and sunset.

I'm a fan of saturation myself.. and I absolutely love this photo. Good stuff

Thanks!

Most reactions

Back