obviously.... i am not cool...because

I thought this was one of those continuing threads, like Word Association or Song Title or Ban the Person Above you.

Danm.

I was going to say;

I am not cool because

"I will not buy beer for underage kids. I tell them it will f--k up my parole and I'll go back to prision."

Ok people, I see there still needs to be some re-education in the 'nerd' department.

NERDY = SEXY. GET IT RIGHT, PEOPLE!!!!

*flaunts her nerdocity*

Heh At last I have reason to run around and tell everyone that I'm a gaming photographer.

I love being a bit of a Geek TBH...

I thought this was one of those continuing threads, like Word Association or Song Title or Ban the Person Above you.

Danm.

I was going to say;

I am not cool because

"I will not buy beer for underage kids. I tell them it will f--k up my parole and I'll go back to prision."
:biglaugh:

Noob status is pretty short-lived around here, shootLib. :) All it takes is continued posting and, before long, you've attained "TPF junkie" status and ultimately (and the more appropriate) the "I have no life" status, which we have kindly not turned into an auto-title. :mrgreen:

im a "noob".

i was not aware of this term until my boyfriend told me that i was " a noob on this forum" and he made me feel like a "dork" on Photo forum.

he always gets on Bimmerforums.com and is supposedly a "pro".

so now i am thinking.....why does it have to say " TPF NOOB" right under our names. hah.
i really was not aware of this uncool term that i am now obviously one of.

well, the noob status on here goes away quickly, don't worry. And being a noob on TPF is already much higher ranking than being a pro on another forum :p

Anyway, some photography pros are noobs on here since they do not post much, and some photography noobs have rather high post counts on here ... so you can see postcount and all that does not really count :)

... unless you are above 10,000 of course ... then you qualify as a nerd :p

Ok people, I see there still needs to be some re-education in the 'nerd' department.

NERDY = SEXY. GET IT RIGHT, PEOPLE!!!!

*flaunts her nerdocity*

I think geeks are sexier than nerds :er:

It could be worse..... the labels could be done by surfers and then new members would be "kooks" :crazy:.

Actually, calling someone a "noob" is quite an insult to that person. There is quite a difference between the terms "newb" or "newbie" and the term "noob".

A Newb or Newbie, both sounding the same as "new-bee" is someone who is new to something (usually gaming) and does not have the experience and knowledge of what ever that something is.

Labeling someone a "noob" is labeling them with a derogatory insult that usually means that someone does have the experience in gaming (to use the same subject as above) but does not have the want to learn how to do it correctly. A noob will always disregard the proper rules to do it his way and his way only. A noob is unwilling to take advise from others or learn something because he simply thinks his way is the way it is.

The "labels" here in the status of the forum really should be named "newbie" or "newb" instead of "noob". You are insulting every person who is a complete beginner in this forum.

People from a gaming background will take great offense over this being "labeled" as noobs just because they are new here.

Actually, calling someone a "noob" is quite an insult to that person. There is quite a difference between the terms "newb" or "newbie" and the term "noob".

A Newb or Newbie, both sounding the same as "new-bee" is someone who is new to something (usually gaming) and does not have the experience and knowledge of what ever that something is.

Labeling someone a "noob" is labeling them with a derogatory insult that usually means that someone does have the experience in gaming (to use the same subject as above) but does not have the want to learn how to do it correctly. A noob will always disregard the proper rules to do it his way and his way only. A noob is unwilling to take advise from others or learn something because he simply thinks his way is the way it is.

The "labels" here in the status of the forum really should be named "newbie" or "newb" instead of "noob". You are insulting every person who is a complete beginner in this forum.

People from a gaming background will take great offense over this being "labeled" as noobs just because they are new here.

If that is sarcasm, well done! :hail:

It's not, is it. Oh, dear me.

Yet, somehow...you survived it, as we all have. ;)

I believe you're overthinking it. Surely you can appreciate that no insult is intended with any of these titles, and it's all meant in harmless fun. What you describe as a noob up there, in quite derogatory terms, might more generally be thought of as an anti-social jerk. :razz:

Further, I don't think the gaming world holds any proprietary status of the word, regardless of how it's spelled. Here on TPF, there is nothing but a benign sense of fun intended. Try a laugh instead of looking for an insult that isn't there. :) That's just not our style!

Most reactions

Back