Occupations............

K8

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mysite.verizon.net
Please forgive me if this topic has been discussed. I did a search and couldn't find anything. I am ALWAYS fascinated with folks occupations. I'll start by saying that I am a cook with our local "Meals on Wheels" program and find it to be VERY rewarding. I am on vacation this week so you'll probably "see" alot of me. Looking forward to some responses........

Okay... I am Director of Youth Justice for the state in Ozstralia in which I live. It's a great job... I love helping kids. I had the chance to run two different youth detention centres and I loved it. There is nothing (well, not much anyways) more rewarding than being able to help kids in trouble.

I work at a photography studio during the day retouching digital photos, and I'm a professional musician by night.

I also do graphic design freelance on the side when I have time, and I teach drums occasionally if I find a good student.

im the manager for 2 birkenstock stores in Columbia, SC

md

I'm a graphic designer type entity.
i take all the sh!t that managers spew out their talk hole and make it look nice on paper... still means nothing though. At least it's nicer to look at than listen to.
It is a job that makes me feel that life is so worthwhile.

i think i'd rather be a plumber and poke about in real sh!t... at least i'd get outside more than once a day.

I am a life insurance underwriter (I know, I know, we're not all bad, I promise!). And also co-own a photography business which started out as part time and is quickly growing. In my spare time I also go to school 2 nights a week to complete my BS in finance.

BS? That's what i do all day but i think mine stands for something different to yours...

I'm a Certified Engineering Technologist. I design and draft portable buildings, oil rig shelters and whatever else I'm asked to do around here.

altered ego said:
BS? That's what i do all day but i think mine stands for something different to yours...

Sounds like you need a new job :)

Marketing.

Planning to do my masters in Business Admn. or Accounting.

My wife and I own a Restaurant & Gift shop in a resort area. We are on 7 acres with a Gazebo and floral gardens so we do a lot of weddings as well. The restaurant seats about 450 people and we have a staff of around 100 +/-

She does the front of the house, staffing, hostess, banquets, etc.

I run the the back of the house, kitchens, orders, repairs, office, taxes, payroll, etc.

I am also on the Govenors Council on Tourism for the state which takes up a bit of time as well.

forever searching for a new job i am.
old job leads to the dark side....

:shock:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back