Votes: 2 2.1%
  • photo35

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • photo36

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
icondigital said:
but i think the view results should also be locked and kept confidential until the contest is over.

Unfortunately I don't believe that that's an option.

well you know he does have a point... i mean you start by looking what's been voted and not the pics. i would say a solution would be that the first page of the contest is the one with the pics and then you have to click on a link to get to the voting page. that would make it more fair. because like this you check out what others have chosen. and you could post the pics on www.blogger.com so that they're bigger and you have access to them more easily and generally improves the voting process. mainly because you can see the main idea in them without opening them. like this it takes too much time and some may not find it worth the time just open each one and then so the same when narrowing down the pics etc. more suggestions will come:D

Although I appreciate the feedback, I think we're pushing on topics that really aren't that big a deal. The monthly contest isn't designed to be as serious as it is being made out to be. First and foremost, the contest is for fun and to get people motivated to go out and take some pictures without having to be overly concerned about winning or losing. Naturally it feels great to win, but the fun is in the participation as well.

Going back to previous comments, I'm also concerned about the level of critique being mentioned towards some of the photos. In any contest you will have a large range in the quality of the content, but you'll also have a large range in the opinions of which are good and bad. What one person may see as junk, another may absolutely love, and even if 99% of the people don't see any good qualities in a particular photo, I would still encourage it to be sent in and have that photographer participate in the challenge. Seeing their work along side some of the others is yet another great way of self evaluation and learning more about photography.

It really comes down to the point of everything we do here, which is to have fun while hopefully learning a little something as well. There are plenty of sites which have a much more serious tone than TPF, but that isn't my intention here. We're here to have a good time, and the tone of this thread is going in an opposite direction.

Chase that was well said.. I completely agree! Im here to have fun and LOVE coming to look at the photos.. Like you said, what one may see as junk someone else will love.. And yes, I have seen a lot of photos that others really liked, that just were not my cup of tea, but the effort they put into taking it was well worth it.. IF they like that is all that matters.. IF you dont try you wont do good at all :) So have fun with this and enjoy seeing ALL the photos..

ALSO - a note - if you find something you dont like, TRY looking at it in a different point of view.. Like give it another title or something.. YOU may find that you like it after all !

Sorry to contradict, eydryan, but Photos 24 and 25 were the first to have 3 votes even before Photo 2 started to "overtake". Also the middle Photos 13, 14 and 15 started to score pretty early. That was my observation. Therefore I think you are a little wrong here.

Great work everyone! Love all the photos. Now that I look at my picture and compare it to some of the others, I see where I could have improved. These contests really help me become a better photographer!

Thanks TPF! :D

Meysha said:
Hmmmmm.......maybe you meant to write 250KB.

I noticed that a few of the photos in the gallery show up over 200KB. The actual images that were uploaded were nowhere near that size so I'm a little confused as to what happened. Photo 2 for instance was originally only 92KB when it was uploaded to the gallery. I'm not sure what happened that it's now showing up at over 200KB.
All I can say is that all of the photos uploaded to the gallery where under 150KB (photo09 was only 65KB).

BTW, thanks chase for clearing this up further.

Most reactions

Back