October '05 - Photo Challenge - "Colour"

eydryan said:
hey, colour was here first, so color is just redneck talk :D

Not so sure you are right here, linguistically, for the -or ending is the old Latin ending, and the -our ending is the French variety of the same... and something tells me that Latin was there first...

I find this such a tough topic that even "Juxtaposition" seemed easier to me... the possibilities for "Colour" (as I was taught in school only because we were taught British English) are so huge... Dang! Where to start?

My first time on the Forum, 'Hello' everyone. Another first, entry into a Photo competition. It's all too much...

this is kind of colour

IMGP0664.jpg

hey kid. this is not a critique gallery. i say we vote whether he should be allowed to participate at the contest, this is cheating... or well maybe ignorance but still it's not supposed to be here so i say we scrub him at least for this one. otherwise people will remember this shot from here and say uh it's that guy...

We need not "scrub" anyone here as long as this very photo does not appear in the Challenge. I am sure it has only been shown here out of ignorance.

"SleepyFireTown", photos that have once before been shown in any of the galleries here on this board must no longer enter the Challenge, for it is supposed to be completely anonymus. And this thread in which the October theme is being discussed is no gallery, so I would kindly request you to take your photo and present it in General Gallery, for example. But keep in mind: THIS photo must no longer go into the Challenge.

If you hand in a photo that is supposed to take part in the Challenge, you e-mail it to the address given in the very first post, SleepyFireTown. In that e-mail, you must, of course, give your username, so ONE person DOES know all the identities (or board identities) of those who take part. How else would he in the end be able to declare a winner? No one else, though, is supposed to know who handed in the photos until voting is clearly over.

And therefore no photos that have been shown before are supposed to go into the Challenge because then it would be known by whom that photo is. And that might distort the voting. Do you understand? So if you have another photo full of colour, send it to the address provided in the very first post and hope for the best ;).

Only 5 more days...I can't wait! :mrgreen:

nobody can really :D
well, come to think about it i can because in november it's exam season it it sucks.
on a similar note, i think that competition on this one will be kick-ass. it's gonna be nice, very nice:D a close finish and then.. oh, damn it was no one :D

Most reactions

Back