Odd day out fishing..unexpected guest. o.O

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was out fishing a few days ago and ran across this little guy. Well, maybe not too little. He was every bit of 28..30". If not longer than that. He was swimming about the rocks at low tide and scored an eel. Quite a sight. I had to run back and get my camera, by that time, the eel was dead and the snake was still there. Awesome. C&C always welcome if you feel so inclined. Enjoy!

DSC_0797.jpg

DSC_0800.jpg

Mark

wow awesome capture. The color contrast looks great

Thanks alot. I thought I overdid it a bit. No saturation, just levels and curves. Selective dodging and a tad sharpened. I actually desaturated the first one. You wouldnt believe what the originals looked like. Absolutely aweful. I brought my lens out of a cold car into a 105 degree beach and shot this. Fog galore. I might post the original just to show how far theyve come.

Mark

Edit. Taken with Sigma 105mm Macro, by the way.

WOW! Incredibly big-looking snake! What kind of snake is that? is that in fresh water, or saltwater, or a brackish estuary zone? Where in the heck are there snakes that big in your area? (I never want to swim there!)

The first shot is quite good. The second one gives a bit better look at the eel, and the size of the snake. Congrats on rescuing these tough exposures--it doesn't show that they were off kilter a bit.

The snake really was massive for a snake around here. As was the eel. I saw two snakes that day, one, though, was while I was standing on the rocks seen in the other thread fishing. I dont know what it is. I believe it is a Northern_Water_Snake. Here is the original of the two, only the second one was really all that bad:

DSC_07971.jpg

DSC_08001.jpg

...fog.. -_-

Mark

Sweet! Colors look a bit punchy but a pretty good salvage overall.

Being in SW Florida I can totally relate to fogging. It always seems to be when youre in a hurry to get the shot too.

That's a.w.e.s.o.m.e!!!! Chance of a lifetime!

where are of the pics of the little guy swallowing?

These are great, if only all of us could be so lucky!

Im sufficiently creeped out Mark. That you have freaking snakes like that running large through your river. Amazing capture. Love the colors even if it was a bit punched. Much better than the original. I have to go pet something cuddly now just to feel less creeped out.

Sweet! Colors look a bit punchy but a pretty good salvage overall.

Being in SW Florida I can totally relate to fogging. It always seems to be when youre in a hurry to get the shot too.
Thanks! I thought the same thing about the colors, but I think I might like it now that I see it again.

That's a.w.e.s.o.m.e!!!! Chance of a lifetime!
Thanks!

where are of the pics of the little guy swallowing?
Little? :lol:
He took him off into the water somewhere. I dont know where he went from there.

These are great, if only all of us could be so lucky!
Thanks!

Im sufficiently creeped out Mark. That you have freaking snakes like that running large through your river. Amazing capture. Love the colors even if it was a bit punched. Much better than the original. I have to go pet something cuddly now just to feel less creeped out.
Haha. You go do that. That was the Patapsco river, it runs into the Chesapeake Bay. We were almost at the bay, so I suppose this would be considered Saltwater.

Thanks everyone!
Mark

Wow really? Most snakes they dont go anywhere when they are eating something big. Thats too bad.

Yeah. He may have just swam out into the water and up the coast to some other rocks. Once he went into the water, I stopped watching him.

Mark

wow, this is a one and a lifetime shot. must have been an amazing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back