odds & ends - mixed bag (56k proceed with caution)

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Dew, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

i was looking through the photographic archives of old and new CD's today ... thought i'd share these :D ... some from the studio, others from the streets of New York City.. all from my Olympus E20 (may be one from my old Olympus) *digital camera*

i've tried to keep the file size down for ease of loading, but on some, the image quality has suffered :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Branna

Branna TPF Noob!

Those are some wonderful people shots! I particularly like the first two. :D

3. TwistMyArm

TwistMyArm TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I really like the photos drew. The only ones I'm not too sure about are the last two photos with the couple.
    I find the signs in the background on the last photo distracting, but I do like the blurring of the cars going by.
    The problem I have with the second last photo is the sign that read "Red signal ahead". Maybe I'm superstitions, but it seems like a bad omen :?

4. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Very nice work Dew!
    My favorite is the second one and I agree with Twist on the last two, the sign is distracting in one and the couples eyes look odd in the last.

5. Thorniest Whisper

Thorniest Whisper TPF Noob!

Dew, it seems like you have a great rapport with your subjects. Even the couple on the street seem to engage with you.

Is this a part of your talent that came naturally to you? Have you experienced different reactions in various geographical locations?

I am interested in experimenting with "street" photography. I feel however, having a completely manual camera is somewhat hindering for me. One of my closest friends has sheltered the homeless, mentally ill and battered for many years now. I have had the wonderful opportunity to observe her and at times assist. I see the opportunity to get some wonderful humanity shots, but I feel as if I stick out like a sore thumb.

Any hints or tips that people can offer would be appreciated. :?

6. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

im just an outgoing person ... most people say i look inviting to talk too.. im usually the one to break the ice being in a room filled with people i dont know ... i'll say something funny usually or introduce myself :D ..

im trying to get my hubby to be more outgoing ... but i've been that way all my life :D

i think most people get a sense of if your harmless or not .. but im not really sure if thats something u can learn overnight

7. cowbert098

cowbert098 TPF Noob!

nice photos Dew!

8. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    i love the first two, the skin looks so beautiful (and inviting!) ;)
    awesome!

9. craig

craig TPF Noob!

I found the studio shots to be the strongest. Personally,I have always had a hard time with "People" photos. Too bad I am required to do a lot of them.

I lived in NYC for years doing home fashion photography. That was years ago. All of a sudden I wish I was back there. :cry: