Ode to "Copito de Nieve"

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by She, Nov 25, 2003.

1. She

She TPF Noob!

"BARCELONA - 24 NOV 2003
    Copito de Nieve, or in English: Snowflake, the most popular inhabitant of the Zoo in Barcelona, was the only white gorilla they ever could catch.
    The mascot of the city died finally due to skin cancer. They found his disease in 2001; the albino got worse in the last season.
    He got about 38-40 years.
    Since he was catched in 1966, in the jungle of Equatoriaal Guinea, he has always lived in the Zoo of Barcelona. Copito de Nieve may be called the proud father of about 22 descendants - unfortunately not one of them is an albino."

During my visit to the Zoo in Barcelona, last summer, I could take the following picture of Snowflake - he was already suffering a lot:

[​IMG]

That Snowflake may r.i.p. :cry:

2. HedFire

HedFire TPF Noob!

is that **** on his foot?

3. She

She TPF Noob!

What kind a reaction is this??? :cry:
    I think it's a serious subject and you'r are making fun of it ...

4. Darfion

Darfion Soapbox guru...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I quite agree. It's very sad when a beautiful animal is caught, inprisoned, and neglected all in the name of Zoology. I hate seeing ANY animal caged up. They should all be in their natural environment. Of course, if an animal is suffering you can't just ignore the fact. Zoo's should be there to protect and help re-introduce wild animals back to where they belong and not be there to "entertain".
    The quote by hedfire was a childish and ignorant one to say the least.

5. steve817

steve817 TPF Noob!

I kind of agree with you but not really. In the wild this animal would have been dead about 20 years ago. Re-introduce them where? Their habitat is being destroyed on a daily basis. The sad thing to me is the fact that the zoo's are these animals only hope.