Of course I didn't have the lens I wanted with me.

mostly sunny

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was taking the kids to The Huntington Library, Art Collection and Botanical Gardens in Pasadena. While packing my camera bag I took out what I thought I wouldn't need. I needed the bigger lens that I don't like cause I think it's heavy and hurts my hand after holding it for a while. :blushing:

So until I learn what to take and not to take.. I have to take it all.:confused:

BTW- I bet that place is BEAUTIFUL when most of the flowers aren't dead. I will go in the Spring time.

So, there is no point to this post.. Just mad at myself for not taking the lens I would have liked to of use.

Same thing happened to me when I went to Italy. I left my tripod at home because I didn't want to bother with the hassle of dragging it everywhere...but I seriously regretted that decision every night.

Same thing happened to me when I went to Italy. I left my tripod at home because I didn't want to bother with the hassle of dragging it everywhere...but I seriously regretted that decision every night.

I do this every time I go on a walk lol. I just ordered a gorilla pod to bring along for those situations :D

How many lenses do you have mostly sunny and do you have a nice bag?

I had something similar to this happen to me. Went tog shoot some sunset photos, took the tripod but didn't realize I didn't have the quick connect plate for the tripod with me.

When i started out i learned that lesson. You never know what you'll find when your out and about. I still carry 4 lenses in my small bag whenever my camera is with me.

I know the feeling well - lug the tripod and macro lenses around and I never use them; but if I dare leave them behind you can bet that I will want them at every turn!

The key is to have a really good bag to hold it all in - at least then its not too bad to take the gear out (though then you meet the other curse - that of not having the right lens on the camera at the exact moment that a wondershot passes by) ;)

The lens that I keep complaining about making the camera too heavy for my wrist is: 28-135MM zoom lens

I have (these aren't really mine. But my Dad lets me use them, and they have sports in my camera bag :D)

50 MM
28MM
I have one I call a big mac.. I don't have it with me today so I don't know which one it is..

The one I like to use cause it's not so heavy is a 18-55 MM- That is what I had with me.. I wished I had the 28-135-

I know the feeling well - lug the tripod and macro lenses around and I never use them; but if I dare leave them behind you can bet that I will want them at every turn!

The key is to have a really good bag to hold it all in - at least then its not too bad to take the gear out (though then you meet the other curse - that of not having the right lens on the camera at the exact moment that a wondershot passes by) ;)
Yeah...that's another problem. I'm keeping my eye out for a 10-500mm/1.2 lens so that won't happen to me again. If you see one let me know.

Heres My small bag Micro Trekker 200 Lowepro - Micro Trekker 200

And Suite Case Photo Trekker II Lowepro - Photo Trekker AW II

Danielle you need a smaller bag. My Big bag is a little larger than yours, its a beast to lugg around. I like being able to carry everything i own in one bag most of the time its to much. I only carry it when i know there isnt going to be much walking...lol. With the smaller bag i carry one long lens. Its mounted to my body and the others along with my flash fit.

Last edited:
I feel your pain, I had the lens but no memory card in the camera. :x

I was taking the kids to The Huntington Library, Art Collection and Botanical Gardens in Pasadena. While packing my camera bag I took out what I thought I wouldn't need. I needed the bigger lens that I don't like cause I think it's heavy and hurts my hand after holding it for a while. :blushing:

So until I learn what to take and not to take.. I have to take it all.:confused:

BTW- I bet that place is BEAUTIFUL when most of the flowers aren't dead. I will go in the Spring time.

So, there is no point to this post.. Just mad at myself for not taking the lens I would have liked to of use.

What lens did you take ?,i regularly just go out all day with my 5D and a 50mmF1.4 nothing else needed unless i'm shooting sport

I feel your pain, I had the lens but no memory card in the camera. :x

I did that once. I want out to photograph sunset at the local lake. I got half way there and forgot the card! Luckily I started early enough to go back and get it and still get there before sunset. :lol:

Most reactions

Back