Of course I didn't have the lens I wanted with me.

Heh... I am glad I got a camera bag recently. No more leaving extra batteries, memory cards, or lens caps in my jeans to go through the wash.

One time I brought ALL my stuff with me... No camera body. Talk about ABSOLUTELY useless!

I feel your pain, I had the lens but no memory card in the camera. :x

Aww, I know that one. Missed an awesome shot of being in a car getting towed out of knee deep mud by a tough-as-nails landrover, got the camera ready for a mud-splattering action shot sequence only to get 'CF Card Full'

:x:x:x

I would focus on learning basic principles of exposure and composition before I got too worried about the gear in my bag.

I feel your pain, I had the lens but no memory card in the camera. :x

I just did that few days ago. New Year Count Down ... took my camera out ... tried to shoot the crowd ...... and :( No CF card!!

Since I packed light on that night, so I used the smaller camera bag and just happened I did not have a spare CF card in that bag (I do on the others)

I did snap few pics ..... but with my cell phone :(

Mostly Sunny I know what you mean. I have a love/hate relationship with my 70-200mm VR. It allows me some great photos, but DAMN is it heavy. So I just pulled the trigger on an Domke F1X bag, so I can carry it along with my primes. Maybe one day if my shooting changes I can leave it home and not miss it.

Murphy's Law! Guaranteed you will leave behind the one you want :)

Ah well, so it goes. How heavy is that 28-135? My Sigma 50-150 f/2.8 is a great lens and not outrageously heavy. It also does a good job with the 1.4x TC. When I am being minimalist, I will bring my 10-20mm, my 17-50, and the 50-150.

Not bringing the lens you want sure beats not bringing your camera. Without fail, I will find something I want to photograph and my camera is not nearby!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back