Of gravediggers and caskets...

Passion4Film

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is from a local shoot I did yesterday at the beautiful cemetery just down the road from me - Bluff City Cemetery in Elgin, IL.

1. In the very back far corner of the cemetery they keep these casket-holder cement boxes. It was very, very eerie.

Image00006.jpg

Image00007.jpg

3. There were gravediggers preparing graves nearby. Also kinda eerie. The color accent was done in-camera.

Image00004.jpg

4. They left the top of the casket holder just right there by the grave. The red color switch was done in-camera.

Image00005.jpg

Image00002.jpg

6. This is probably my favorite of the day.

Image00003.jpg

7. This is a snapshot of them working.

Image00001.jpg

I like the 4th one but would like to see it in B&W.

Reminds me of an old movie. Ya know the photographer shoots the lid only to see his name on it.

Thanks for the comment! It made me laugh - I totally understand what you mean. How eerie would that have been!?! ;)

I whipped this up fast when you suggested it... what do you think?

bw.jpg

(as for the second shot) are those vaults waiting for us? They look like a labrynth.

The shot that you turned red is awesome! Perfectly done with the chains being red too. Great job.

Thanks so much! I think the red chains was what put that over the top for me as a favorite. It's a very cool camera feature. Thank you!

Thanks so much! I think the red chains was what put that over the top for me as a favorite. It's a very cool camera feature. Thank you!
Uh wait a minute.....camera feature? You did that with the camera? I thought it was photoshopped afterwards. Wow! And yes, the red chains is what did it.
I have a book about the beauty of death and that photo sure does belong in it.

Right on ...loving these.. I would have one in my backyard to pic nic on . :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back