Off Camera Flash C&C

OffTheWall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
ievil.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys this is my first time using a off camera flash let alone a flash in the first place :) let me know what you all think.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

4. i stroked the water mark a bit her right arm is a little blown out :(
t4.jpg

C&C per req:

1. I like this, although it appears slightly soft. I think the lighting would have benefited from a reflector image left to reduce the deep shadow in her neck/collar area. As well, don't forget to check things like her shirt, pulling out the wrinkle in the left side would have made the image even better.

2. Cute, good expression, but I would like to see it opened up a little more; the disembodied hand image right is a little disconcerting.

3. Not as fond of this one; the hat is pulled down a little too low and is cutting through her right eye. As well, try and avoid the longitudal bisection of limbs such as her left arm. Either include the whole arm (preferable) or crop it altogether. Better lighting in this one.

4. A touch hot in the face, but otherwise not too bad. Again, I would have raised the hat just a shade.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

1. I dont care for the shadows casting over her eye...Also, her skin seems a little to orange in his shot. Maybe adjust the color temperature a smidge cooler.
2 and 3 are pretty good.
4 Is the best, imo.
The background, hat and lighting all seem to fit hand in hand.

Thanks Ron, i agree as well, i tried to soften up the lighting with removing the shadows and such and layering with a guassian blur but that didn't really work out to well lol, i just purchased my first speedlight softbox this morning, and going at it again tomorrow with another one of my friends lol.

Most reactions

Back