Off camera flash question

brinboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been trying to set up off camera flash for a while and I kinda have some mismatched equipment. I think I have everything I need but I cannot make this combonation work. What I am working with is a Canon 50d, 580exII, one pocketwizard plus II transceiver, and a pocketwizard minitt1 trasmitter. I thought that you could use the new minis with older plus II's but I am having extreme difficulty. I thought you simply connected the mini to the camer and the plus II to the flash and away you went. Anything helps and I really appreciate it.

Welcome to the forum.

As far as I know, that should work. It would only give you simple flash triggering (as if you had two Plus IIs) and not E-TTL like you would get with a full ttl kit.

Are the batteries fresh (flash, transmitter, receiver)? Are they set to the same channel?

hey mike thanks for the reply

I'm pretty sure every battery is rock and roll brand new. All chanels are set correctly and everything is on. Is there some setting options within the camera or flash that I am unaware of setting? I thought that setting the camera to slave and to the appropriate chanel was sufficiente?

Thanks again

Most reactions

Back