Off camera flash setup - suggestions?

burstintoflame81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am considering buying a few triggers for ttl flash units and then buying a few heads just to have easily portable multi flash and also just to toy around with. I am looking to keep the price under control so I am opening this up to suggestions. I was thinking of buying 2 more Sunpak 42x flashes ( I already have one ) and a cheap trigger like the ones strobies makes ( I would like to get something that I can buy extra recievers for, but could buy just one and then a few slave adapters to place on any additional flashes. ). I know that the pocket wizard triggers get great reviews, but I am looking for the cheaper stuff. I am not a pro and would not be using this stuff on a hardcore basis.

Get RF602's for triggers! I have them and they are awesome. Go search them on the flickr strobist group if you want more info.

I have similar triggers to the ones mentioned above. Probably the same ones but marketed under a different name. They work great. They will need to be well taken care of, they are lightweight plastic and no doubt will break pretty easily so I wouldn't throw them around. I keep mine in a cheap tackle box, in a bubble wrap bag, that I use to carry the flashes, extra batteries, duct tape etc.

Cybersyncs

Same reliability as PW's if your shooting in the same state as your flashes as are
Better Customer service
1/3 the price

Cybersyncs

Same reliability as PW's if your shooting in the same state as your flashes as are
Better Customer service
1/3 the price

I found the transmitter, but do they make receivers for regular hot-shoe flashes? I don't want big studio strobes with PC connections and all that.

Where can I get the RF 602s? I found them on EBAY but is there a reputable photo store online that carries them?

ITs called the CSRB, looks like this

csrb09.png

The recievers for any big flash is the same type as for "little" flashes. The only difference is some are AC powered

Most reactions

Back