Offered to have 4 photos made into 'tourist' postcards

I hate to even be posting in the pro section, but thought you could help.
My volunteer job has asked if I wanted to supply 4 + photo postcards. I would print at my cost and they will buy 500 each at .25.
Obviously not going to get rich, but she would like notecards and small enlargements at some point.
I have tried a local printer as I like the extra help / support by small business people.
They haven't been overly helpful or guiding. I have stated it is my 1st project and look for their guidance.
Anyway, now I think if it's not difficult, just go online. I read a lot of horror stories though.

Any suggestion to a good company to use?

VistaPrint is an option, though recently when I just did a postcard exchange with some folks on another forum, I used a company called Moo. (Custom Business Cards, Flyers, and more | MOO (United States)) I really liked the quality.

(Edit: I just checked, and I have one of those "refer a friend and you both get discounts" kind of a coupon, so if you do decide to go with them, PM me with an email address and I'll forward the coupon.)
The one you received from me was Vista print I thought they looked ok

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Which one? One year I sent a card with a color collage of a tree. That was Vistaprint. They were okay. This past year, I sent a card with one of four different black and white shots from Maine. That one was Moo. I think you got the black and white one, no?
I got the tree last year, I have arranged them in a big frame in my hall, and I got one from you this year of the 2 house gable ends with the seagull in the decisive moment

Ah, I forgot I'd sent you cards both years :) So yeah, the Vistaprint ones weren't really bad, but they were thinner than I would have liked. I think the paper of the Moo cards is better.
The last ones I sent it printed in my darkroom and mounted on card

Limr, I went on Moo and looked like the exact template I needed for a postcard back, with post office space, stamp space etc.
But 500 cards was . 52 each! I only went as a test,,not signed up or got to a checkout, in case I wanted to use your coupon.
But I bet they're really great quality :)

I have had good luck with Postcards.com. Their quality was nice, and the prices were fairly low if I remember correctly. I had a similar request for postcards that were mainly going to be used for advertising so I wanted to keep the costs down. Their turnaround time was pretty quick too.

You could also try out White House Custom Color, not sure what their pricing would be for a job like this, but I use them for all of my printing.

I've heard so many stories about how everyone's local printers are just awful as far as their personalities. Might as well just go vistaprint or something similar so you don't have to see people in person.
Congrats on the postcard though. I've always wanted to have my photos on a postcard. Will they let you have a small watermark?

I have used vista print many times and they are great. I used to have them do show invitations in post card format and the quality, price, and service was pretty incredible for the money, almost too good to be true.

Update...I went with PSPrint and I liked them. They were .12 each if I bought 500. As I mentioned, I am not getting rich off this ( made $270) just nice to be asked and it's a kick in the butt.
Now she is thinking of getting magnets and has asked me if I would want first crack at this before she contacts others.
Sooooo, any magnet advice is appreciated.....

Most reactions

Back