office helper

his4ever

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stonecafecreations.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was trying out opening my lense some (for DOF) and taking a pic in a darker room (I have a lot of trouble with that). I also was trying for the rule of thrids as well. (Man so many things at once!) I up'ed the ISO so that camera shake would not be appearent. I tried to take care of contrast... and if I still missed it please let me know!! Be harsh so I can learn. So here is Office Helper...
officehelper.jpg

Well, the subject matter isn't very interesting; it just seems like the idea hit you that you would take a picture. I don't know, it just doesn't do much for me. Pick something a little more interesting, or try to show it in a more interesting light.

It's hard to put a finger on it. But after a while, you get a feeling before you press the shutter that it is going to be boring.

What helped me to get this feeling was to learn with film. It forces you to think: "Do I really want to pay to get this developed & printed? Is it good enough to be one of the chosen 24?"

Pix with your computer in the background are almost always going to suck. Sorry to be brutal, but we are all computer-literate people here.

An idea: How about shooting the cat, in the dark, with the only light generated by the computer screen? i.e. have the monitor be the sole light source for the "portrait" of the helper. Mess around with that lighting a bit. It may not be award-winning material, but it will certainly be a bit more interesting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back