Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Hybrid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BMX

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Cyclo-Cross

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Makes sense. Except I'm riding my '95 Trek Carbon Fiber Y bike which is a monocoque body and no real seat tube. So the handlebar is the only place to put it except maybe the seat horn ...
Helmet is no good because I go through too many tight places and I had my helmet ripped off once, and nearly ripped me off the bike.

Try a chest mount.

Bucks_Bike_3944.jpg

When I was young and growing up in the downriver Detroit area I biked everywhere until I got my first car when I was 21. Back then, I was mostly riding my stripped down Fuji for speed and distance or a Schwinn Cruiser for fun. A favorite ride of mine back then was about a 60 mile round trip from home in River Rouge down to Sterling State Park for a dip at the beach.

These days, it's just a cruiser for me, as I'm in no hurry anymore to get anywhere. I bike short distances around the sleepy little village in Norther Michigan where I'm retired these days. Up to the post office to check my PO Box or a local restaurant, the hardware store, etc. I also like to ride a bit with my granddaughter. We ride down to the river locks down the dead end gravel road I live on, mostly. That's where that photo was taken.

I picked "cruiser" even though I seldom go anyplace. I rode my bike to college for five years, then parked it for a very long time.

Just last summer I got it fixed up with new tires, chain, and a different type of rear rack so I could run errands around town. It's been covered since last fall.

I also talked my wife into getting a new bike, even though she doesn't enjoy cycling. The plan is to ride up to the park and around the lake in nice weather.

I'll get the bikes out and take some photographs now that there is an official bicycle thread.

Makes sense. Except I'm riding my '95 Trek Carbon Fiber Y bike which is a monocoque body and no real seat tube. So the handlebar is the only place to put it except maybe the seat horn ...
Helmet is no good because I go through too many tight places and I had my helmet ripped off once, and nearly ripped me off the bike.

Try a chest mount.
Yeah, but I use a simple P&S, and a mini tripod taped to the stem/handlebar. I started doing this a long time ago before I even heard of GoPro. So I'm not going to tape a tripod to my chest lol.

I'm looking at a new action sports video camera though ... see what happens.

Loving all these bike stories!

A GoPro sounds pretty cool to have to video your route. Right now I just use my phone for the route, distance, speed, calories, etc. Been looking for a nice phone bike mount as my current one falls off every bump/turn... :(

A few years back I found 5 vintage schwinn bikes in my grandpas barn (and I mean vintage) they were my mom's and her 4 sisters bikes back when they were kids! Then there was this really old 1920's bike that looked like it came straight out of the war. It was awesome! I sold all of them except my moms and I am looking to get it back into working order. I don't want to make it "look" new again because I like the vintage feel to it, so new tire tubes, break lines, some hard core rust repair, etc.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I use strava and love it. Good way to track.

Sheesh! Feeling inadequate again!

I have only the one bicycle.

And I've never installed a camera on it.

And I probably won't.

Sheesh! Feeling inadequate again!

I have only the one bicycle.

And I've never installed a camera on it.

And I probably won't.

Well, I only have two bikes because Buzz is very mechanically-inclined and loves to tinker - gets downright obsessive about it. When we decided to start biking on a regular basis, we just got crappy starter bikes to see if we enjoyed enough to continue. Since then, he's gotten better second-hand bikes and frames and fixed them up for both of us. The road bike was a surprise birthday gift for me, in fact. He even painted it blue and got orange parts and put a Gator sticker on it for me :586: The other bike is my second mountain bike - finally got rid of the crappy starter one.

I haven't ridden in a while, though. He still rides often, but I didn't ride all summer long last year. I'm hoping to change that this year.

Linda has balance and coordination issues which makes cycling a scary adventure, even on residential streets. She never had a bike as a child, and is not as enthusiastic about riding as I am.

Linda has balance and coordination issues which makes cycling a scary adventure, even on residential streets. She never had a bike as a child, and is not as enthusiastic about riding as I am.
try a tandem :)

My oldest has balance & coordination issues
but rides on the back of a tandem just fine

My bike has handlebars, two wheels and a frame. It's taken me far and there's been little pain; we have no connection: it has no name.

Most reactions

Back