Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BMX

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Cyclo-Cross

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Sheesh! Feeling inadequate again!

I have only the one bicycle.

And I've never installed a camera on it.

And I probably won't.
Me too... a rather well worn Marin 29'er, with around 5-6000 miles on it. The front fork has to stay locked out because the pressure seals have let go, the mid-range chain ring is worn to the point where the teeth are sharp enough to cut yourself with. I probably should look into a replacement for it, but it bugs me that you get so little use out of something so expensive.

I commute to work 2 or 3 days a week (depends how lazy i feel) It's about 12 miles one way, which wouldn't be bad at all if it weren't for the whole commute home being uphill.. yeah, the whole ride. It kinda takes some of the fun out of it. It takes almost the same amount of time to drive in L.A. traffic, so at least I get exercise and don't have to sit in it. Sometimes I ride my roadie, other times my fixed gear.. again, depends how I feel that day.

Selfie With Bike by bhop, on Flickr

My girl's bike. It's small for me, but I rode it to work a few times. It's a 3rensho built frame if any of you guys know what that means. It rides so nice. I wish it were my size.
3Rensho by bhop, on Flickr

Fun Ride by bhop, on Flickr

Bicycles - an album on Flickr

I've only ridden a road bike a couple times and it was smooth for flat surfaces but any bumps... EEK!

I bought this for my iPhone ==> Amazon.com BikeConsole Lite MountCase iPhone 6 4.7 Waterproof Bike Mount and Case Kit with RainGuard Cell Phones Accessories

But after a few times of the iPhone being on the handlebar and being a distraction I just put it in my pocket and just use my simple Avocets. I used a Bluetooth Heartrate monitor, Speed/Cadence sensor too on my bikes. I then upload the info to Strava.com so I can see the route that I take, even if it is in circles !!View attachment 98905

Does that mount stay put? Did you like it other than the distraction? Have you ever heard of these??

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Also I didn't get time to go capture any pics this evening, so I hope tomorrow is as nice!

I'm into road cycling. Once upon many years ago, I was a competitive road cyclist. I'm hoping to be racing in 2016.

IMG_1156.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG

I still have my original 10-speed bike that I bought when I was 18, rode pretty much every day till I was about 25, and now still ride on weekends. The rims, spokes and tires have been changed many times, although I still have the original frame, seat (leather), handle-bars and deraillers. Probably on my sixth chain. Will have to take it out again and give it a thorough tuneup, with new brake pads, new cables, new ball-bearings, and probably a new chain. Longest trip I did on it was about 2500 miles in Europe (over 30 days), and a 1,200 trip (10 days) in New England. Between the training rides, the trips, and the many days I've rode it just for fun, I've probably put on at least 100,000 miles on it. For a simple touring bike, we've been in lots of places and seen many things. Life really is better on a bike. Everyone wants to talk to you, and I used to get offers to sleep over in people's homes when they learned that I was going from here to there over several days. Once the weather warms up enough, I'll post some images.

I've only ridden a road bike a couple times and it was smooth for flat surfaces but any bumps... EEK!
Does that mount stay put? Did you like it other than the distraction? Have you ever heard of these??
The link I gave is a quad lock device but it also includes a case, in that example for an iPhone 6.

The quad lock you listed uses an adhesive to stick something like a cell phone to it if it adheres - read all the exceptions on that list. It also uses zip ties to hold it on.

The one I listed you put the iphone in it (or other cases for other smart phones, or other devices) and it's on the handlebar. The case has a quad lock on the backside and it's very sturdy. It has a locking bucket to keep the mount to the handlebar or stem and is easily removeable by unscrewing the bucket lock. I have yet to put it on my MTB for a test but I don't see a problem. I move quickly in rough terrain so I doubt you would have a problem.

it's very good if you don't know where you are going, and enjoy looking at that stuff.

But I used to race several decades ago even before cyclocomputers were around. And I use very simple ones that show me speed and distance .. the rest I don't need to see. So I put my iPhone in my pocket to track all the data that it stores - heart rate, speed, include/decline, cadence, etc.

I'm never going to race a road race / criterium again but I plan on doing TTs and the bike part of relay traithlons .. I've got my 17 year old bike out of the mothballs to do this and have fun. :) Not the greatest of pics but I didn't have the room.
Bikes04-01 - Copy1 by stevesklar, on Flickr

Last edited:
My girl's bike. It's small for me, but I rode it to work a few times. It's a 3rensho built frame if any of you guys know what that means. It rides so nice. I wish it were my size.
3Rensho by bhop, on Flickr
It's my size :)

I know 3Rensho well. I recall when those were out on the road. A few friends of mine had them. My bikes back then were Pogliaghi, Guerciotti & Tomasso, such as this which had a Campy 9spd Titanium/Carbon upgrade a while ago. The current wheels are Mavic 280GELs - sorry for the bad BG .. I was in a hurry
150 by stevesklar, on Flickr

Hey another Michiganian! Woo-Woo!
My wife and I both will bike to work during the summer, with our 'warmish' weather we've been having we're starting to ride more. Feels great after our long and very cold winter!
On weekends we'll usually take a 16 mile ride around town. It's one of our favorite things to do during the summer!

I'm a fellow cyclist! Used to be a CAT 2/sport class mountain bike racer when I was in better shape (17-20), and I miss it. Now I'm limited to 5-10 trail rides per year due to time constraints of adult life. I use the mountain bike to access remote areas for photography sometimes as well. Haven't been out yet this year, but heres one from last summer:

image.jpg

I don't generally take my camera on my bike because I'm rather clumsy and prone to hurting myself (I've got the whole "go limp and brace for impact" down to a reflex), but here's about the only photo I have of my bike. Yes, it's goofy lol.

It's a Benotto...something. 1980's, steel frame. Vintage enough for the hipsters with their fixies to notice and comment.

10446279_4281258485787_5243432500772840279_o.jpg

SWEET!!! I used to do MTB but stopped for a few years. I am trying to pick it back up recently, still have a lot to catch up.
Things that I "discovered" to be new to me since I last rode:
1. There are now different helmets for MTB and road biking.
2. Adjustable travel front suspension.
3. I am new to hydraulic disc brakes, used to have mechanical ones only.

Recently I just got a used bike from a friend. It's Cube AMS 125, not quite sure what year it came out or how much was its MSRP, but for the components on it, I got it for a pretty damn good deal. Can't wait to take it out for the first time. First time in 4 years!

The link I gave is a quad lock device but it also includes a case, in that example for an iPhone 6.

The quad lock you listed uses an adhesive to stick something like a cell phone to it if it adheres - read all the exceptions on that list. It also uses zip ties to hold it on.

The one I listed you put the iphone in it (or other cases for other smart phones, or other devices) and it's on the handlebar. The case has a quad lock on the backside and it's very sturdy. It has a locking bucket to keep the mount to the handlebar or stem and is easily removeable by unscrewing the bucket lock. I have yet to put it on my MTB for a test but I don't see a problem. I move quickly in rough terrain so I doubt you would have a problem.

it's very good if you don't know where you are going, and enjoy looking at that stuff.

But I used to race several decades ago even before cyclocomputers were around. And I use very simple ones that show me speed and distance .. the rest I don't need to see. So I put my iPhone in my pocket to track all the data that it stores - heart rate, speed, include/decline, cadence, etc.

I'm never going to race a road race / criterium again but I plan on doing TTs and the bike part of relay traithlons .. I've got my 17 year old bike out of the mothballs to do this and have fun. :) Not the greatest of pics but I didn't have the room.
Bikes04-01 - Copy1 by stevesklar, on Flickr

Thank for that! I actually went ahead and purchased the annex quad lock specifically for the iphone 6. Basically narrowed it down to reviews and ratings. If I don't like it I will return it for the one you recommended. The only thing (as you mentioned) that makes me nervous are the zip ties.

That bike is darn cool looking!

Hey another Michiganian! Woo-Woo!
My wife and I both will bike to work during the summer, with our 'warmish' weather we've been having we're starting to ride more. Feels great after our long and very cold winter!
On weekends we'll usually take a 16 mile ride around town. It's one of our favorite things to do during the summer!

Yes I love Michigan!! :p This weather feels like i've been re-born again, no joke. Our winter was absolutely horrible. Ever since we've had nice sunny days, I've spent probably 40% of the day outside, I just can't get enough of the sun!! That is ultimately my dream! I would love to be able to settle with my hubby and take long bike trips. Now that is what I call a day to relax! haha

SWEET!!! I used to do MTB but stopped for a few years. I am trying to pick it back up recently, still have a lot to catch up.
Things that I "discovered" to be new to me since I last rode:
1. There are now different helmets for MTB and road biking.
2. Adjustable travel front suspension.
3. I am new to hydraulic disc brakes, used to have mechanical ones only.

Recently I just got a used bike from a friend. It's Cube AMS 125, not quite sure what year it came out or how much was its MSRP, but for the components on it, I got it for a pretty damn good deal. Can't wait to take it out for the first time. First time in 4 years!

1. I just picked up one of those 'different' MTB helmets, love it!
2. This feature is actually quite nice! Being able to lock the suspension for road routes is prime :)
3. I don't think my bike has this?...

The CUBE looks like a nice bike! Get out and ride!!!

Most reactions

Back