Official Nikon photo D3 at ISO 3200

Camera Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D3
Image Date: 2007:08:09 11:32:04
Orientation: Rotate 270
Flash Used: No
Focal Length: 48.0mm (35mm equivalent: 48mm)
Exposure Time: 0.0063 s (1/160)
Aperture: f/4.0
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: 1.00
White Balance: Manual
Light Source: Fine Weather
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: aperture priority (semi-auto)

100% crop
complete image at http://chsv.nikon-image.com/jpn/products/camera/slr/digital/d3/img/sample/pic_005.jpg

iso400100yv0.jpg

out of
400completecopyih8.jpg

This must be giving the folks at Canon management a bad case of the sh*ts.
If all the other features work as advertised, Nikon not only has an upgrade path and technical equivalency but even superiority.

These photos are great, and it's a great improvement in digital technology, but lets not pretend that it's going to put any other companies out of business. Seriously.

These photos are great, and it's a great improvement in digital technology, but lets not pretend that it's going to put any other companies out of business. Seriously.

Not 'out of business' but serious photographers in certain niches, like action or sports photography, will have a competitive upgrade path in Nikon and thus won't automatically choose Canon for the low noise at high ISO.

Thanks....

Tell me, when viewing through the LCD rear screen, can aperture controls be applied and viewed prior to releasing the shutter? I hope I'm clear on this.....

From what they are saying, the real time LCD is the same as looking through the viewfinder. This might be a good reason to buy one of those LCD hoods.

Right.....but when you add or subtract f/ stops will is show up on the LCD screen? Not using a depth of view preview button.

Right.....but when you add or subtract f/ stops will is show up on the LCD screen? Not using a depth of view preview button.

Don't know but since Camera Control will show all the data I image the real time screen will also.

Is your question whether the background blur - the Bokeh - will be visible on the LCD in LiveView mode, I would have to assume that it isn't

Wow, that's amazing that that shot is 3200 ISO! The quality is so much better than a shot with my Digital Rebel w/18-55 mm kit lens at ISO 100!

Most reactions

Back