Official upgrade issue thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: So far, this evening, this has been working properly. New threads go to the first post, previously opened threads are going somewhere in the middle or the end (I haven't fully tested that). So, either it has been fixed (nothing has been changed on my end) or it was a FM.

So far
Wouldn't it be nice if they said,"we fixed it." Or "we're working on it."
I'm starting to think they're no longer looking at this thread.

Update: So far, this evening, this has been working properly. New threads go to the first post, previously opened threads are going somewhere in the middle or the end (I haven't fully tested that). So, either it has been fixed (nothing has been changed on my end) or it was a FM.

So far

Yes. or even a weekly status list.

So far

Anything. The silence is really frustrating.

So far

Anything. The silence is really frustrating.

I worked for the government. I learned to figure things out and how to get around problems.

So far

Nothing has been "fixed"...

If I click on a thread title I have not read on a previous visit, I get taken to the first new post, not to the first..

Not the way it works Everywhere else.

To be clear, if you click on a thread title you should be directed to the first post in the thread, no matter if you have viewed the thread on a previous visit or not.

If you click on the little box to the left of the thread title you should be directed to the first new post.

Cheers, Don

So far

Nothing has been "fixed"...

If I click on a thread title I have not read on a previous visit, I get taken to the first new post, not to the first..

Not the way it works Everywhere else.

To be clear, if you click on a thread title you should be directed to the first post in the thread, no matter if you have viewed the thread on a previous visit or not.

If you click on the little box to the left of the thread title you should be directed to the first new post.

Cheers, Don

Then I guess I'm being lucky! FM (F***ing Mystery)

No, I think you are just misunderstanding the issue.

Clicking on a thread title, whether you have viewed it or not on a previous visit should take you to post #1.

Clicking on the little box should take you to the first new post.

That is where the coding is screwed :)

Cheers, Don

No, I think you are just misunderstanding the issue.

Clicking on a thread title, whether you have viewed it or not on a previous visit should take you to post #1.

Clicking on the little box will take you to the first new post.

Cheers, Don

Oh, I understand - I think I posted the problem originally (maybe not, I don't remember). When I hover over the title or the box, I see the link as "unread" at the end; but even with that, it was not consistent. It is, at least so far, going to the first unread post for me. Baby steps.

So...where is the GD ignore list option located? I've wasted 20 minutes going through various pages looking for it under this **** new software!
I would tell you but I've already ignored you because I clicked on this thread and it took me to the last unread message in the thread. lol

still haven't been able to figure out how to change my subtitle.
and it was the main reason I became a Supporting Member ... :(

I can't help you -- I'm a freeloader.

Go to the top right of any page on the site and you should see a little picture of your avatar next to your user name. Hover your mouse over either and a drop-down menu will appear.
From the menu select "personal details". Changing your Custom Title (note this is not the same as your user status message) should be the 3rd option on the new page, under changing your avatar.

If you cannot see this please say so

To ignore people left click on their user name on a post. It will open a mini-window (in black) on the page. In this mini window there are a series of options to view the persons profile - start a conversation with them - and to add them to your ignore list.

Go to the top right of any page on the site and you should see a little picture of your avatar next to your user name. Hover your mouse over either and a drop-down menu will appear.
From the menu select "personal details". Changing your Custom Title (note this is not the same as your user status message) should be the 3rd option on the new page, under changing your avatar.

I don't see it.
On my Personal Details Page I have ....
Status Message:
Edit your privacy settings:
Home Page:
My Blog:
Allow Others to edit my photos?
About you:
then the SAVE CHANGES button
Picture 1.png

I don't see it.
On my Personal Details Page I have ....
Status Message:
Edit your privacy settings:
Home Page:
My Blog:
Allow Others to edit my photos?
About you:
then the SAVE CHANGES buttonView attachment 88870
Don't click on your settings. Click on their settings. For instance I clicked on your avatar on my iPad. Then simply click the ignore button.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back