Official upgrade issue thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm too dumb to find it, but I can't Mark Forums as Read on the mobile app any more.

On my phone, I see it when I go into Active Topics. It's just above the line of page numbers. But that's not a mobile app - it's the webpage. Don't know if there's a difference. I thought there wasn't an app anymore? Eh, what the hell do I know, I never used it anyway. Just log in on Chrome on my phone.

Hey, here's something I've noticed.

I remember there had been an issue with clicking on a thread title and where it would take you. It's supposed to take you to the first unread message. If you'd never clicked on the thread before, it would take you to the first message. But when we first changed over, it was taking everyone to the last message, not even the first unread, regardless of if you've clicked on it before.

Then it was fixed.

Now it's broken again.

Hey, here's something I've noticed.

I remember there had been an issue with clicking on a thread title and where it would take you. It's supposed to take you to the first unread message. If you'd never clicked on the thread before, it would take you to the first message. But when we first changed over, it was taking everyone to the last message, not even the first unread, regardless of if you've clicked on it before.

Then it was fixed.

Now it's broken again.

So, I should just keep hiding out here in "Red Skin" world, is what you're saying? Because I'm definitely not having that problem over here in the alternate TPF universe. :D

So, I should just keep hiding out here in "Red Skin" world, is what you're saying? Because I'm definitely not having that problem over here in the alternate TPF universe. :D

For now, I guess. Though it does now at least look a lot more like the Red world since they've added the thicker message separators.

I want a purple and a green and a magenta.

sooooo....
Mod issue?
when i delete a comment, it USED to just take up a tiny little sliver of space in the thread.
NOW it takes up a huge block of space, about the size of an actual post.
its kinda annoying having to scroll forever to get past a bunch of deleted posts.

I second what Pix said (I suspect its some-how preserving the user details and avatar bar whilst removing the post content from view).

OK. I have a question. Is there again substantial change in the look of our interface or I am going crazy ? Maybe my browser is like not up to date or something. What I see is VERY SPARTAN, only the bare minimum of anything on the screen. Is this right ? No more right side panel ?

OK. I have a question. Is there again substantial change in the look of our interface or I am going crazy ? Maybe my browser is like not up to date or something. What I see is VERY SPARTAN, only the bare minimum of anything on the screen. Is this right ? No more right side panel ?

Well, you might be going crazy ;) But yes, the look has changed again. The side bar...huh, I guess the sidebar went away. Hadn't even noticed, really. I thought it was still there when looking at Active Topics or Forums lists, but I guess it's gone. Just checked the home page and it's gone there too. Scrolled down and saw all of the side bar stuff is on the bottom. Where I notice I'm third on the Leaderboard :biglaugh:

If you like the red style better, you can change it back. If you scroll to the very end of the page and look at the dark bar across the bottom, the first link is "Style Chooser."

There's an option to "watch" a thread. I was just curious if there's an option to "ignore" a thread?

Two points whilst using Opera to use the site

1) The main forum page that shows the list of categories has no listing of the title of the most recently posted to thread; though it does detail the last time a thread in the section was posted to. Unsure if this is a feature or an error.

2) When the site makes a mini-popup appear as part of a page I can't scroll to see all of a popup (this is most evident when using the mod control option to remove a spammer - I can't scroll to the bottom of the menu page to select the ban option).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back