*Official* "What's In The Mail?" Thread

MikeBookPro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stillstories.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The musician's forum I'm a member of has a thread like this, and I always thought it was cool. Basically, when you order something, buy something on eBay, whatever, you post in this thread. Then, you post pictures when it arrives. So, what's in the mail?

For me, tons of stuff is on the way.

Manfrotto 190XDB Tripod Legs
Manfrotto 486RC2 Ball Head w/ Quick Release
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 (!)
Canon Battery Grip (BG-E2n)
Canon Battery (An extra, for the grip)

Still haven't ordered a camera! Monday!

The musician's forum I'm a member of has a thread like this, and I always thought it was cool. Basically, when you order something, buy something on eBay, whatever, you post in this thread. Then, you post pictures when it arrives. So, what's in the mail?

Hiya Mike...
I buy lotsa stuff from eBay, Amazon, Trading Post, OzTrader and other sites on the net... I also browse B&H, Camerawarehouse, Adorama, etc etc for specials and bargains... and read the Classifieds in newspapers... and buy things from there too... I also make a habit of going into camera and photographic shops in my own town and towns I visit, and buy things there too...
Last week I bought a vintage Sekonic light meter - an L-C2... What a gem... and I bought a used Canon lens from a guy at work today - a bargain...
Hell... The stuff I buy - and the details - and the pics - would occupy a whole forum...
Now multiply my buying activities by the number of people who buy things.
And imagine if ALL those people posted EVERYTHING they buy - with pics...
And imagine how many hours you would spend (enthusiastically) reading ALL of those posts... EVERY day...
How'd you cope with opening 100 posts EVERY day that announced "I bought an Expo-Disc today - and included a JPG of (you guessed) - an Expo-Disc...
If what other people buy pushes your boat out - then god bless you. But I'm not in the least bit interested in what you bought today or yesterday.
But, Mate... If it helps your boat float... Here's a beaut pic of some broccoli I bought today at Woolies in Broken Hill - only $1.80 a kilo...
$brocoli.jpg
Cheers
Jedo

No picture from me .... it was apparently a scam. About 250 buy/sell transactions on EBay and this was the first problem.. Bought a TaylorMade Driver - 3 unanswered Emails, and no delivery, I started the dispute process.. Glad I paid thru PayPal, cuz I'll have some protection and will no doubt get my $ back, but .. the bummer is that it was a B-Day gift for my son...

BTW - it took me no more than 15 minutes to go from a 'username' on EBay, to a full name, address, phone number, age, and ... Satellite photograph of her home in PA. Dont' be fooled by the 'apparent' security of these programs.. I have no plans on contacting her directly, and will allow the system to do it's job, but... you can be found. :blushing:

r

No picture from me .... it was apparently a scam. About 250 buy/sell transactions on EBay and this was the first problem.. Bought a TaylorMade Driver - 3 unanswered Emails, and no delivery, I started the dispute process.. Glad I paid thru PayPal, cuz I'll have some protection and will no doubt get my $ back, but .. the bummer is that it was a B-Day gift for my son...

BTW - it took me no more than 15 minutes to go from a 'username' on EBay, to a full name, address, phone number, age, and ... Satellite photograph of her home in PA. Dont' be fooled by the 'apparent' security of these programs.. I have no plans on contacting her directly, and will allow the system to do it's job, but... you can be found. :blushing:

r

That sucks. Keep us posted.

Canon SX110 IS point and shoot for those times I feel like packing really light!

Tracking says 'Out for delivery' :D

Canon BG-E5 Battery Grip
2x Extra Batteries
New Tripod
Card Reader
and other random stuff

"Out for Delivery"

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

just bought a pair of tickets to see relient k in october - stoked for that. i always get excited when the tickets come in the mail.

r

That sucks. Keep us posted.

Er...... club arrived this morning. - Cancelled PayPal complaint.. already left neg feedback on EBay.. Would never have happened if I'd rec'd just ONE reply to my 3 emails requesting status.. Purch on 8/2, delivered 8/18.. the negative feedback stands.. but i got my club - Now, what am I going to do with the other one I bought to replace this one ?? ;) Anyone want a good TaylorMade ? :mrgreen:

OH, and I do have a Manfrotto 190XB tripod with 804rc2 head on it's way... :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back