oh, for the love of all that doesn't suck!!

About a year ago we had a family reunion at my house. All my brothers were there and we had the go-cart up and running. We were taking turns riding it.
It was getting late so we decided to put it up after everyone got one more ride.

My older brother asked me if I wanted to ride w/ him.... I said sure...(stupid thing #1 because HE is known for doing stupid things):x

Stupid thing #2..... I was wearing shorts, sandals, and a T-Shirt.

Stupid thing #3.... he had never driven the go-cart before.

Ok, so... we went off driving, I showed him where a trail was and we went on that(very fast) The trail ends onto the road. When we reached the pavement as I was telling him not to turn around too sharp he slamms on the gas and turns it REALLY sharp flipping the go-cart AND Him over on top of me. He is about 240 pounds and the go-cart is about 200 pounds so as you can imagine I had a lot of weight on top of me.

When it flipped, my face and the whole right side of my body was REALLY scraped up from the road surface. I chipped 4 of my teeth and thought I had broken the rest of my face.(I hit REALLY hard)

I had so much adrenaline in my blood that amazingly enough I flipped the go-cart w/ my brother in it over off of me and got up. When I got up there was a nice pool of blood where I was.:x As you can imagine I was really P***** OFF at him...

After kicking him around a little I made him re-start it and drive me home... It's not over yet......
The next day I am supposed to leave to go to Mexico for two weeks with the church.... When I got home my dad grabbed my bro and really chewed him out while I'm finding out that my teeth that are all chipped up are now loose!!!

So, this is a Saturday night.... We called the dentists and NO one could see me that night. We finally talked a dentist into meeting us the next morning at 6 in the morning SUNDAY MORNING (because I would be leaving for Mexico at 9 AM that day)

He put a temporary cap to cover the root and said it would hurt like hell for the next month or so..:confused: I looked really bad because I had a big gash on my lip, a scrape on my face and my two front teeth were all chipped.

I decided to go ahead and go to Mexico, but the dentist said that if my tooth turned black then I would have to get it pulled there...(not something I was too hot on.. haha)

The trip to Mexico was fun... even though it hurt when I breathed.... and I felt like I was going to die when I ate anything..... and on the bus ride over the boarder I had to squish in this little bus and I had to sit on my knee... my knee started bleeding....:x

Well... most of my wounds healed up while I was down there. and when I got back and went to the dentist to get everything fixed up he said that the root was still exposed and that he was REALLY surprised that it didn't die....:meh:

Well, I've typed a lot.... There is a lot more details to the story that I'm sure you don't want to know..:lol:

hope you enjoyed it! :D

sorry to hear that! but mine the most painful thing was... hmm.. let me thing... oohhh I know... I was running around the pole in the middle of the school corridor... when I was 9... and I was following a guy :)... and rapidly he turned and started running in an opposite direction... so we met each other with a loud BUM ... and it ended with a swollen parts of the face near my eye and of course with blackeye :) yeah... I was rulling then.. I HAD a blackeye then... cool :):) haha now it sounds silly but it was really painful... and... the bou ended up with a broken nose :)

So this first part isn't minor but the second part is...I've mentioned before I had major back surgery, this was do to bad genetics and playing soccer way to roughly in high school...so the surgery and all was very major, but the minor most painful things ever were two injections into my spine before the surgery. And then after surgery when I was being turned in the night, the stupid high school nurses lifted me up off the bed with a sheet which is a big no no, and then dropped me smack on my back. Luckily I've got six screws a cage of titanium and so many pins in my back that's it's almost impossible to break, but it hurt like heck none the less...so I pushed the morphine button and drifted off to la la land :lol:

Ouch.....

when I was about 12 I was frying baloney in a cast iron frying pan. the pan slide off the stove and I tried to stop it by moving closer to the stove. Wasn't wearing a shirt at the time and the really hot pan contacted my stomach and burn the heck out of me. A 4 inch diamter blister formed and it was one of the most painful things I had experienced.

I can't relate to the bone break thing, like I said before, I've only broken one bone and it wasn't mine.

uhm painfull thing......................oh yeah. When i was young i was sitting on someones shoulder. Much fun and all of that. Then the guy decided to see what time it was..............on the church tower. So he had to look up and i fell backwards. Hit my head on the pavement..................more on the corner of the pavement. Hurted like *insert something really bad here*
Doesnt end there though: went to the doc and he gave me a medicine. No stitches or something. Then after a few days, the wound starts to swell and stuff. Went to the doctor again. Some one else was watching his practice then. The new guy looks at the infected wound and says: "hmmmmm that doesnt look to good". Gets a scalpel and slices the bump of.............and that really hurts....................plus the fact that there was nasty stuff coming out of the wound :p
That was my most painfull thing i guess

I was fording a river in Wyoming, barefoot mind you, and I tried to jump on the nearby shore. Little did I know that there was a twig of dried driftwood under the tall grass which ended about1/2 inch inside my big toe. And it broke off too. But that wasn't the most painful experience that day, it was the visit to the doctor's office, where they gave me a local anesthetic (in my toe) which hurt like hell and then sliced my toe open looking for that piece of broken driftwood. I never realized how painful toe can be...

Ouch guys!!! Those are some painful stories.

Carli, I'm with you on the painful feet thing. I can take pain most anywhere but a little scratch on my foot can put me down. It's funny how that works. :D

Amanda, I have degenerative disc disease on three discs in my lower back. I had to have the primary radius blocker shots (pretty much the same ones you were telling about) in eight locations. That hurt so bad that I didn't think I'd live. To top that off, the person giving the shot, on the last one, hit the bone and the needle bounced off. So, reading your story brings chills and makes me a little nauseous.

When I was about 19, me and a girl about the same age were jumping on a trampoline. You know how it is when you jump on those stupid things with someone else. We kept sending each other higher and higher at one point I could see the house behind us over the pitch of the roof.

Her legs finally crumble and she goes down on all fours while I'm still way up in the air and I'm coming down, feet first, straight towards her head. At that point I start shifting my weight foward into one of those Wyle E. Coyote face first type falls to keep from stomping her head into the trampoline. The result, she was fine but her head made beautiful contact with my rib cage, bruising my sternum and breaking three ribs.

I have had a broken toe and yes they suck. But broken ribs you can't do anything. You can't find a comfortable position to lay in or sit in and forget about laughing.

When I was a kid, I climbed up onto the worktop in the kitchen to get something out of the top cupboard, got what I wanted and jumped off.

The bottom cupboard door was open, and my legs weren't long enough to reach the floor as they went either side of it.

I couldn't speak for an hour

hobbes28 said:
Ouch guys!!! Those are some painful stories.

Carli, I'm with you on the painful feet thing. I can take pain most anywhere but a little scratch on my foot can put me down. It's funny how that works. :D

Amanda, I have degenerative disc disease on three discs in my lower back. I had to have the primary radius blocker shots (pretty much the same ones you were telling about) in eight locations. That hurt so bad that I didn't think I'd live. To top that off, the person giving the shot, on the last one, hit the bone and the needle bounced off. So, reading your story brings chills and makes me a little nauseous.

:hail: I could never have had that done in 8 locations, especially what you mention in the last shot makes me hurt all over! I luckily only had 2 and said heck with it, I'm not having anymore. I have a whole new respect for you hearing that!!!

Kidney Stone...it was the most painful thing I've ever experienced and i've been hit in the nose by a line drive baseball- broken...blood everwhere!!!, had my foot ranover by a car- that was real painful, sprained both of my ankles, fractured my neck(it's number 2), and cracked both of my wrists (damn skateboards!!).

With the stone, I was taken to the emergency room and given 3(countem!!!...three!!!) doses of morphine before the pain would stop- I had turned green and was gasping for air by this time. Apparently the stone had blocked by left kidney and i was feeling an organ shutting down. It put me in the hospital for four days because the doctors freaked out at how high my white blood cells count was. I hated that. I was pumped full on some rank antibiotics for my stay. It sucked on so many levels...I have very thin veins so it took the entire staff of nurses and finally the head nurse to stick the iv in me. It hurt and i was a sore pincushion by the end of it. ALSO during the IV crap one of the nurses missed a vein and was pumping saline directly into my arm...i woke up the next morning and my arm was like the size of my leg. It took several days for it to return to the same...my entire formarm turned blue from bruising. It ached for weeks after it. On the forth day the damn thing still hadn't passed so they threatened me with a cathitdor and going in after it...up my wee wee hole!!!!! :shock: Well at that very moment my luck changed. It hit and I passed that spikey little sucker. OMFG!!! it was like urinating razorblades. I was sore for about two weeks afterwards due to tract scarring. It's about three years since then and I've had not had another...knock on wood.

OH BTW kidney stones are hereditary in some folks and the run rampant in my family so i was told to expect more. Yippie!!! can't wait!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back