Oh, good grief

huh... weirdo... but after all.... heheh... someone may call such a pics "artsy" ... :p

Ahhhh so that's what's been missing from my photos... a bit of chromatic abberation! I get it now... D'uh! :greenpbl:

well maybe people will get it because it is capable of fixing botched lenses.

That plugin is a free download... so why not?

edit: nevermind, it's just a demo. I think a plugin like this should be free. I wonder how much it costs...

edit again: just found out... $10. That's not too bad for a plugin for a professional video editing program, but you're right hertz, it's still not worth it for that plugin

I'd puke if it was a larger picture. thats UGLY. thats a worthless peice of dung thats what. :)

Seems ridiculous at first. I try and keep an open mind. Final Cut is a film/video editing program. Using this filter on some opening 3 seconds of a film could be effective. Still photography has it's questionable deals as well. For example think about Holgas'. Photoshop has a million retarded effects. The lens flare is the first one to come to mind.

Of course it is all in the name of experimentation and or plain ol' fun.

Now if true defenders of the (dare I say) craft were in charge they would be coming up with the "make your photo look like it was shot thru a beautiful Zeiss lens using Kodachrome 64" filter.

I just find it amusing that someone has gone to the time and trouble of writing a program so that a computer can undo at a single click the hard work and effort put in over 150 years by lens designers.
I think it says something about our Post-modern generation that we now prize things that former generations considered undesirable. I think the reverse is true as well.

It's a plug-in aimed at the professional market, Arty. How many professionals have you heard of who use 'bad' lenses?
Companies have always done this - inventing things that people don't need and won't use and then trying to sell them to people who don't need them and won't use them.
I remember going to a product launch in the 80's. It was a lens manufacturer promoting their latest lens - a big chunk of glass who's only function was to produce a vignetted soft focus spot for portraits. The price tag was 3 or 4k. The company was seriously suprised that no-one was interested in buying. When asked why not the consensus was that the same effect - with more control - could be had with a black stocking and a bit of Vaseline.
"But this lens is optically superior to that method and is far more convenient."
"Maybe so - but it isn't anywhere near as cheap."

Most reactions

Back