Oh my gosh! Hassie has done it again!

Ghoste

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just found in a magazine that Hassie has a 39 megapixel back they will be coming out with! I just glanced at it really quick before I had to go so I don't know all the details. It said it's a 115 meg photo. Jeez! Anyone know anything else?

Hasselblad tech specs are here.
http://www.hasselblad.se/
No mention on the site of the new back, but that's not uncommon. Most company websites lag behind the products.
Still think the Sinar has better specs - and their sensor seems to be bigger ;)

The file sizes are a bit ridiculous. Even on a large Card you'd only get 35 ish exposures. I suppose a bit like a roll of film. Except it can be reused.

hahah guys... you're talking about huuuge numbers,,, and I'm dreaming only about 8mp :D

I've just re-read both Sinar and Hasselblad specs and if you use the backs at max res they only take 1 shot! You can take more but you need them to be directly linked to a computer or hard drive. Even so capture times are around 1.5 seconds....

Hertz van Rental said:
I've just re-read both Sinar and Hasselblad specs and if you use the backs at max res they only take 1 shot! You can take more but you need them to be directly linked to a computer or hard drive. Even so capture times are around 1.5 seconds....

Whoa! That's insane!

Exciting stuff. The (in the neighborhood of) 20 thousand dollar price tag is some thing I will never be able to afford. There are ways to justify it, so more power to ya!!!

I think anyone that uses a digital back with over 22mp is sinning. honestly. it's ridiculous. I mean seriously, if you're going to go through all the hassle of dealing with those monstrous files, why not just shoot film? besides....film is sexier.

I think anyone that uses a digital back with over 22mp is sinning. honestly. it's ridiculous. I mean seriously, if you're going to go through all the hassle of dealing with those monstrous files, why not just shoot film? besides....film is sexier.

Lets analyze that statement. In a time when Bill Gates built the first PC and said "nobody will EVER need more than 640 K RAM" I could see your point. But now we now have ever bigger and ever faster computers. If you can afford a almost 40 Meg back, AND a new Hassy, then you can afford a 4 gig hz 'puter with dual processors and 8 gig of RAM. And film is sexier? I don't know about that. It's older, but sexier? From a strictly guy viewpoint. Film is old and smelly, digital is young and, well you get the idea. :lol:

Most reactions

Back