Oh my.... HOLY #$@%*($

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am in total shock right now... my very good friend just sent me an email and told me she's getting married. I JUST found out and I really can't believe it.
She of course asked me to be the Photographer... but I am just in total shock... It will be this 2007 so I have a while to prepare.

Y'all know her from one of my photos I've shown you before.

3267-Keely.jpg

I am just really freaked out.... in shock... :meh:

PlasticSpanner said:
It's one of those signs that tells you you're getting older!:D

Looks like it may be time to get some practice in then? :lol:
man, all my friends are getting married.... I'm going to have a lot of business! :lmao:

PlasticSpanner said:
After the "marriage" phase comes the baby & christening phase!:thumbup: Then when you get over 60 you'll see more funerals than weddings or christenings put together!:confused:
oh boy! I have a lot to look forward to! :meh:

:lmao:

crap she's taken....

On another note, Good luck with that, at least you get to go to some. I'm a little wedding stagnant at the moment.

mentos_007 said:
heheh wow! so how old is she??? :D
17, she'll be 18 or 19 when she gets married.

I was thinking last night... All the lenses I have is a 50mm :confused: I probably need something longer right? 100-150?
What will I need?

you'll have plenty of time to get new equipment, so that's good :D

that 50mm will be a great lens to have because of its 1.4 aperture. a wide zoom lens is good for group shots and some photojournalistic stuff (depending on your style). something in the 17 or 18mm range on the wide end is a good idea IMO. canon has loads of great long lenses to look into. You'll want a 2.8 lens, trust me. A 70-200 2.8 would be ideal, but those get pricey. Canon's older 80-200 2.8 is much cheaper and is considered canon's sharpest zoom lens. you could also get a 200mm 2.8 prime for a good price if you look around...you'll probably want the flexibility of a zoom though. but all you really need is that 50mm. You can pretty much make any lens work, it just depends on what you're going for.

Thanks thebeginning...
but if I use the 50mm during the wedding will I get in the way of everything having to be so close? Or is it an OK distance being 5-10 feet away? (for the during the wedding photos)
I've never done this before so I'm wondering how it all works...

For weddings my most used lenses are the 50mm and the 70-200 2.8. The longer zoom is perfect for during the ceremony. You might also consider a lens that has macro for close up of the rings, or flower details. Good luck and have fun!

Alison said:
For weddings my most used lenses are the 50mm and the 70-200 2.8. The longer zoom is perfect for during the ceremony. You might also consider a lens that has macro for close up of the rings, or flower details. Good luck and have fun!
Thanks Alison!
I am definately going to spend some money on a 70-200(or something like that) lens within the next year. :D

She is big into scrapbooking... what should I do about that?

Do you have a good flash? And get more memory cards and batteries. Also I agree with Beginning on the 70-200 zoom, but I would also go with something like a 28-70.

Most reactions

Back