Oh no! I was one of the dumb tourists.

Hobbes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I have finally got a new camera and went out for a walk earlier this afternoon with it :D and here are some of the photos I took. They were all taken in the downtown area of Stockholm and I also went to a cemetery and took some shots there but I will create a new thread for them later :wink:
any criticism is welcome :mrgreen:

1. a punk :)
IMG009c.jpg

IMG015c.jpg

IMG017c.jpg

IMG021cc.jpg

IMG031c.jpg

IMG033c.jpg

IMG037c.jpg

IMG042c.jpg

IMG043c.jpg

IMG064c.jpg

all images were taken with a Canon EOS 40D + 17-85 IS USM kit lens
It's my very first DSLR so it will probably take awhile before I take some really sharp photos with it :p

Last edited:
Ah. Thanks for the series. Makes me look forward to going to Stockholm even more in only about three weeks from now.

You said you won't be around between 14 and 18 August?

That's when we'll do our "Sheep Walk", a sponsored walk for the "Save The Children"-fund, organised by members of the (only) other internet forum I am member with. (I still haven't found myself even ONE sponsor, anyone willing? I must beat up £ 50.- myself...). I hope to be finding such good weather, too, and I also hope I'll be able to "play the stupid tourist" with her camera around her neck and get some nice photos of this very pretty city, as well!!!

Ah. Thanks for the series. Makes me look forward to going to Stockholm even more in only about three weeks from now.

You said you won't be around between 14 and 18 August?

That's when we'll do our "Sheep Walk", a sponsored walk for the "Save The Children"-fund, organised by members of the (only) other internet forum I am member with. (I still haven't found myself even ONE sponsor, anyone willing? I must beat up £ 50.- myself...). I hope to be finding such good weather, too, and I also hope I'll be able to "play the stupid tourist" with her camera around her neck and get some nice photos of this very pretty city, as well!!!

ah yeah I remember you telling me that. Well due to changed plans I will still be in Stockholm between 14th and 18th of August. I am sure the weather will be just as nice as it is now ^^ oh hahaha yeah I saw quite a lot of tourists with cameras either in their hands or around their necks :D

I don't have to work this week it's some kind of a mini vacation for me so I am going to walk around and act like a "dumb" tourist the rest of this week :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Well, if you want to meet me or at least see me and "the other sheep", we all are in the Castanea Hostel.

Great pictures Hobbes
thank you for posting

Great pictures Hobbes
thank you for posting

thank you! glad you like them! :wink:
well I hope one day you will upload some pics of Delaware :mrgreen:

Well, if you want to meet me or at least see me and "the other sheep", we all are in the Castanea Hostel.

sounds fun. lol so I guess it's going to be a TPF meeting in Stockholm :mrgreen:
btw :D my German really sucks so I hope the other sheep speak English just as well as you do :)

Last edited:
Haha, now YOU know what it's like to be laughed at by locals!! :lmao: Seriously, nice shots for the "tourist" style. I like the lighting in the statue. And the corridor (if that's what it is) is really nice. I can't really say they need any adjustments.

SIDE NOTE: Little history lore I have to toss in here is about the mohawk and its origin. Many people don't know that it's derived from what (us...me) Irish and Norweigen barbarians earned from battle prowess and our toughness in the tribe/clan. Yah, it's become popular in modern times as "cool" but like many small things, has a real meaning. The same applies to baldness/shaving the head. Barbarian warlords would usually have shaved heads, and beards or a single braid on the nape; several inches long. Great warriors would cut a mohawk and spike it using animal fat.

Hehe...sorry but had to add that in :)

Haha, now YOU know what it's like to be laughed at by locals!! :lmao: Seriously, nice shots for the "tourist" style. I like the lighting in the statue. And the corridor (if that's what it is) is really nice. I can't really say they need any adjustments.

SIDE NOTE: Little history lore I have to toss in here is about the mohawk and its origin. Many people don't know that it's derived from what (us...me) Irish and Norweigen barbarians earned from battle prowess and our toughness in the tribe/clan. Yah, it's become popular in modern times as "cool" but like many small things, has a real meaning. The same applies to baldness/shaving the head. Barbarian warlords would usually have shaved heads, and beards or a single braid on the nape; several inches long. Great warriors would cut a mohawk and spike it using animal fat.

Hehe...sorry but had to add that in :)

yeah and I am the one who used to laugh at the tourists :blushing:
well I'm glad you like the statue and the corridor shots they are my favorite too. That place is really great I mean it's quite and really a great place to be when you want some time for yourself and what's really weird is that its located in the part of the city that is usually crawling with tourists but some how most of them never manage to find it :)

Most reactions

Back