Oh no, not a C&C thread!

Turbo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I made the jump from P&S cameras last week. I've been struggling to find things worth shooting here in south-central Wisconsin...I try to get at least one shot a day whether I feel like shooting or not. C&C please.

Here's two versions of essentially the same shot. I'm not sure which is better...I don't know if the vapor trail in one adds to it or detracts.

Without:
MarshallSunset723001.jpg

With:
MarshallSunset723002.jpg

Same body of water a little later the same evening:
Reflections.jpg

Earlier in the day, 180 degrees from where I shot the water at sunset. More of a snapshot I guess.
MarshallRainbow723.jpg

Another snapshot on the way to work:
Rays00001.jpg

Taken while wandering around in an antique shop:
Violin.jpg

Don't be gentle. I'm new to RAW, so any advice is welcome.

Have you already processed them other than adding the border?

I think the last one is by far the best. I love it. Its a shame about the dust on the bottom of it though. The one before it I also think was very nice.

Mark

Agreed. Probably couldnt with the dim lighting conditions shops usually have. It would have been nice though.

Mark

question - the first 2 shots... the sky has these radiant lines in it... is that part of the picture or is my screen funny?

fwiw i don't like the vapor trail

Are they for the first few inches above the right of the water? If so, I think theyre just clouds. Other than that, I dont see any lines.

Mark

question - the first 2 shots... the sky has these radiant lines in it... is that part of the picture or is my screen funny?

fwiw i don't like the vapor trail
I think it's your screen being funny. I've looked at it on 3 different screens, and I'm not seeing it. I think the problem with the vapor trail is that it breaks up the color of the sunset and isn't leading the eye where it should be.

Agreed. Probably couldnt with the dim lighting conditions shops usually have. It would have been nice though.

Mark

I think I may go re-shoot the violin if it's still there. The only light in the shop is from the windows. It's a very old building.
I tweaked the RAW images a bit, added the borders, then saved as JPEG.

Most reactions

Back