OH NO!

ltw198734

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently found that on the mirror inside my cmera that there is a mark... it does not effect the pictures however.. but i was wondering if i could get rid of it some how... can or should i replace the mirror?
-Lucas

Well unless it blows off, I doubt you'll be able to get rid of it. Those mirrors are incredibly delicate. you could wipe it with the softest cloth and still scratch it.

edit: I moved this to the general forum so more could see it. Not really an equipment review :D

Cleaning the mirror in a camera should only be done by a professional. I have heard of mirrors being damaged even by the pressure from forced air containers. If you can live with the mark, then just try to ignore it while you frame your shots. If not, take it to a photo shop and ask if it can be cleaned.

It is a delicate part of your camera. You may be able to clean it yourself, but you need to be very careful. Also, since it doesn't affect the actual photo, you must consider if the cure may end up worse that the disease.

Live with it for a wjile. The mirror is bound to get dirtier. Then when it's too much to bear, send it in for a professional cleaning.

Soft cloth works great, but if you really wanna get it clean, use 60 grit sand paper, with some low grade acid, works like a charm every time :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back