OH NO!

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by ltw198734, Oct 21, 2003.

1. ltw198734

ltw198734 TPF Noob!

I recently found that on the mirror inside my cmera that there is a mark... it does not effect the pictures however.. but i was wondering if i could get rid of it some how... can or should i replace the mirror?
    -Lucas

2. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well unless it blows off, I doubt you'll be able to get rid of it. Those mirrors are incredibly delicate. you could wipe it with the softest cloth and still scratch it.

edit: I moved this to the general forum so more could see it. Not really an equipment review :D

3. drlynn

drlynn TPF Noob!

Cleaning the mirror in a camera should only be done by a professional. I have heard of mirrors being damaged even by the pressure from forced air containers. If you can live with the mark, then just try to ignore it while you frame your shots. If not, take it to a photo shop and ask if it can be cleaned.

4. carlita

carlita TPF Noob!

interesting. i've cleaned mine before with no problems. *shrugs*

5. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    It is a delicate part of your camera. You may be able to clean it yourself, but you need to be very careful. Also, since it doesn't affect the actual photo, you must consider if the cure may end up worse that the disease.

Live with it for a wjile. The mirror is bound to get dirtier. Then when it's too much to bear, send it in for a professional cleaning.

6. havoc

havoc Jedi something or other

Soft cloth works great, but if you really wanna get it clean, use 60 grit sand paper, with some low grade acid, works like a charm every time :)