480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While perusing through some of my older image files looking for sleepers, I came across an image that was vaguely familiar. Not because I had taken it, but it reminded me of another image I have on my hard drive. The image is of Powell Mountain in Guernsey State Park, WY. I took this rather bland image in August of 2014

37295-1510798657-57ec30e28ce455cef246e9a8890a2138.jpg

What it reminded me of is a nearly identical image............. taken by my grandfather................. sometime in the early 1940's.

37294-1510798642-e7937e139c94a9e4547a6e98934ffe27.jpg

It's a weird feeling I ended up standing just a few feet away from where he took his photo 7 decades before I stumbled along. And I never knew it until just now.

FYI: The square-ish stone in the foreground is even visible with Google Satellite View.

Nice looking location.

Our first trip to Maine, I took a shot of Jacob's Pond and the Bubbles, in Acadia Park. A couple months later, I saw a photo in a book, taken from almost the same spot; the angle on the large rock was slightly different.

My step father was hiking in CA back in the late 60's stopped in Yosemite. He took a polaroid of half dome. About 25 years later he found a poster copy of a print with almost the exact same view. He bought the poster / print and hung it in the dining room. With the polaroid under the glass in the bottom corner.

My! How those trees have grown!

The Apple rarely falls very far from the tree....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

That is so cool. Are you going to do yours in B&W too?

I could spend a whole vacation in that place. How wonderful

That is so cool. Are you going to do yours in B&W too?

Not this version of it. I plan on being out there next summer and duplicate my grandfathers image. Maybe even use the same camera..........

Most reactions

Back