oh so very sucky shots of fireworks

carlita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
no need to critique them really... i know they're bad. :p figured i'd share anyway.

these shots were like 4 seconds long. they were shot at whatever the default settings for the fireworks scene mode on my camera were. it's a new camera (nikon coolpix 5400) and since the opportunity presented itself i just wanted to try out that feature. i didn't use a tripod of course... it would have been hard since i had no clue where these things were gonna end up in the sky. i'm not coordinated enough to mess with anything extra when i'm frantically trying to follow little balls of fire up into the sky. ;-)

feel free to laugh... i sure did. :D

C128262851373f_photo.jpg

C128261695367f_photo.jpg

C128265913049f_photo.jpg

C12826447961f_photo.jpg

C12826815393f_photo.jpg

C128263821985f_photo.jpg

C128269973718f_photo.jpg

whadya know... i actually managed to keep the camera somewhat still on this one:
C128268709680f_photo.jpg

and last, but not least, here's the one where i forgot to zoom back out after zooming in on some folks down the street. umm. oops. :)
C128263990442f_photo.jpg

TA DA!! :cheer: :lmao:

Since we can't critique them. ummm. Well if they were my shots I would be happy with the results. We had fireworks last night as well. I didn't even attempt any shots. Following the balls of light is tough. I usually shoot the crowd or my friends bathed in that intense light.

Ok. I find the shots fascinating for all the obvious reasons. They are quite surreal with the night sky as the background. In my opinion it gets rough looking at a bunch of photos of colorful trails. Maybe consider some detail that shows were they fired from etc.

i have some too!

so i hope all of you and your friends had a safe fun NYE. mine was pretty good. kept it low key with just 2-4 other people. went down to the bay and caught the fireworks display and got really drunk. heres a few pics.

sidewalk.jpg

new_years_fireworks7.jpg

new_years_fireworks6.jpg

new_years_fireworks5.jpg

new_years_fireworks4.jpg

new_years_fireworks3.jpg

new_years_fireworks2.jpg

new_years_fireworks1.jpg

made sure to have plenty of these..........

all_about_the_beer.jpg

another wierd thing that night was that the three guys there, (myself included) all were wearing red shirts. not really as weird as it was funny i guess. :lol: It was like a bloods meeting in there! :lol:

BLOODS_FOR_LIFE.jpg
this is after about a 12 pack.

its quite interesting, looks like digital art :D .. everything doesnt have to be by the book :p

well i didnt really feel like lugging a tripod down to the water. NYE was just a time to hang out with some friends and forget about the bad stuff thats been going on lately. Besides........I'll break out the tripod when the good stuff comes out on the 4th of july! 8)

i like the first two the best after third and fourth glance.

the first appears like a galaxy or something, maybe crop it to get less sky and more firework. personally though, i'd leave it alone.

i see the second as something swimming its way into oblivion.

very cool

carlita said:
i didn't use a tripod of course... it would have been hard since i had no clue where these things were gonna end up in the sky. i'm not coordinated enough to mess with anything extra when i'm frantically trying to follow little balls of fire up into the sky. ;-)

Next time I suggest you use a tripod. :0)

Here are some pictures of my first attempt of fireworks with my digital camera http://www.pbase.com/gerrydavid/canada_day_2003__fireworks&page=1

At first I was struggling with trying to find the fireworks in the viewfinder/screen and getting the pic right away, but later I learned the trick, after a few fireworks, you get an idea of where they should be, and I zoome din about 3X, and waited for them, and since I could se ethe path going up I went in that general area, and then when tehy went off, I centered it and then clicked the button. It didnt matter that I missed the first second of the fireworks, czu the pictures looked better to me if I started a second or two after the boom. :0). But I could only expose for 1-3 seconds, since my camera has a 3 sec max. :0).

Here are a couple from my first try back in July.

33963%3B7523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D965%3D%3B34%3DXROQDF%3E2323489%3A49773ot1lsi

33963%3B7523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D965%3D%3B34%3DXROQDF%3E2323489%3A4976%3Aot1lsi

These were with tripod and IR remote switch. Considering You were not using any of that Carli I think you did a good job.

Seeing as this is fast becoming the universal fireworks posting thread, I figured I wouldn't waste another thread, but post mine in here.

There are about a dozen photos of my NYE celebrations here, but just to wet your appetite :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back