oh so very sucky shots of fireworks

Carli, I like that last one a lot. Crop a little off the left side.

Here's my frst try at fireworks; my cousin lighting them on the 4th of July. This is before I got a flash with rear-curtain sync.

33964%3A7523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D6%3A4%3D%3A83%3DXROQDF%3E232348%3A58%3B375ot1lsi

My cousin likes to modify the fireworks, and sometimes they go astray...

33964%3A7523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D6%3A4%3D%3A83%3DXROQDF%3E232348%3A58%3B377ot1lsi

Film: Kodak Gold 200
Camera: Pentax ZX-5 w/28-200
tripod and cable release, f/3.5, shutter on bulb, flash

wow, nice shots here.
this has already become a theme - maybe we should move in under the themes section under title under 'fireworks and various other forms of arson' ?

haha... good idea, von. :D

*ahem* moderators!! can you move this please? thanks. :thumbsup:

and damn guys... puttin me to shame. sheesh. :p i won't get another try until the 4th rolls around but hopefully i'll get some better results then. i literally snatched up my camera and ran outside in my socks to get these particular shots so it was very much impromptu. my socks got all muddy and wet running through the yard. not much time to prepare. ;-)

i love those shots you got, matt! totally wicked! :D

Well, while on the topic of fireworks going wrong. Well, this is what happens when a big rocket (bout a kilo) stayed stuck in the ground instead of going up......... Managed to get this shot while diving into a ditch, excuse the blur, I think i was trying to get airborn at the time.

fireworkgonewrong.jpg

the first appears like a galaxy or something

i agree muffinjuice. thats the first thought that came into my head.

cool pics everyone !!

i live in a pretty small town and the only fire works are on haloween, and they are very lame, but ive never tried photographing them. i will this year after seeing this thread !!

pucci said:
the first appears like a galaxy or something

i agree muffinjuice. thats the first thought that came into my head.

cool pics everyone !!

i live in a pretty small town and the only fire works are on haloween, and they are very lame, but ive never tried photographing them. i will this year after seeing this thread !!

I notice you live in BC, so if your not to far from Vancouver or some bigger city, I suggest checking out thier fireworks on Canada day. :0). Could be worth it for the pictures.

*Never heard of having fireworks on halloween* and yet they dont have it on Canada Day? odd. :0).

Most reactions

Back