oh this is hilarious.

<li> NO Coverage longer than 2 hours

<li> NO Reception coverage

<li> NO Coverage at the brides home

<li> NO 90 minute "discounted" coverage

<li> NO Coverage in Quebec (We DO NOT work in Hull or Aylmer)

<li> NO Local Coverage outside of the Ottawa Region

They're monsters!! Seems like you get nothing for 500k :/ what a rip.

Note: The $500,000 is the real price, please don't call or email asking if it is. All major credit cards accepted.

hahahaa...then don't charge so much if no one believes you.

We realize that some of our competitors and photographers just starting out often try to undercut us, some even charging less than $350,000.00.

Most of them do more for a little extra.

I've seen awesome wedding photographers who charge less than 5k...they also wear a tie :)

But be warned, many of these photographers will not wear a tie to your wedding, it has often been said that seeing Robin in a tie, a sports jacket and running shoes is worth the half million dollars alone.

Probably one person said that.

I would wear a tie too if I charged 500k. Even if I don't shoot the reception.

Payment is for Robin's time only, photos and albums are purchased separately.

Is that another 500k!? I bet he tripple double quad prices the enlargements rather than just double the price it costs him.

If I hired this guy, I'd have to hire a second just to shoot me getting ready (Yes thats important to me, so are candids at the reception)

I admit he does a nice job, but not worth the price. If these people can afford it sure, but there's 2 Ottawa photographers that are a hellava lot cheaper that I know personally that can do just as well and better.

Theres one wedding shot I HATE...omg, what a bad idea it was.

I'm bitter and spiteful today.

Did you look at their other pages?!?!? These people are nuts! Not to mention completely arrogant!!! They charge $75 extra if you bring in a baby dressed in anything other than white or off white!!!

:lmao: I really need to raise my prices :biglaugh:

I love the comments
"Did You Know... That Robin Spencer is a "Master of the Soft Focus Portrait". People often remark that his soft focus portraits "look almost like a painting"."*
They probably make a few other remarks as well.
'I've paid $500,000 for a picture and it's out of focus!?!?'
But I realy love the $250,000 retainer on booking.
With prices like that he only needs to find two idiots... sorry... clients a year to make a living.

*For that sort of cash you could actualy have a real painting.... by david Hockney.

Sheeesh! Half a mil for a wedding shoot? Crap, I need to charge more for my violin wedding gigs, I'll charge 'only' $100,000 and I'll play the entire day and night. :)

Hahaha! I showed that site to my boyfriend and he said "thank god we're not getting married yet!"

What a bunch of tossers, as if any normal person is going to fork out half a mil for a wedding photographer!!!

That's very funny.

It's quite alarming to think that there's the smallest possibility that those people did actually pay something approaching that kind of money..... nah... can't have happened.

I would imagine you could get Patrick Lichfield for that kind of money, and he pretty much only does the candid wedding shots - can you spot the celeb in this one:

Attachments

• $patrick.jpg
    $patrick.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 113
I like this:

"Believe it or not we do get the odd call or email from people telling us that we are priced slightly out of their budget, so we are offering a $35 Discount Coupon towards the purchase of our Two Hour a la carte Wedding Package"

Gee, that was generous of them. That $35 saving will go far! by the way, thats a 0.0007% saving! Woo.

I appreciate the early morning humor :p How ridiculous...but I'm thinking it has to be fake. Arrogance can only go so far, you know?

Thanks for that, heh

It seems to me, he just doesn't want to shoot weddings anymore...which seams to happen to most wedding photographers after a while. Rather than just saying 'No, I won't shoot them anymore'...he has a sense of humor and just raised his prices.

It sure is getting him a lot or notoriety...if he ever decided to get back into the game....he's had a lot of free buzz on the internet.

Most reactions

Back