oh those eyes... : street

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i've been digging thru my folders to find something to post... i found something i shot about 6 months back when i was getting into the whole street photog addiction...
anywhoo i havent shot anything in the last little while after being so so so consistent with the shoots.. been working on college and professional assignments.. with everything coming to an end in this next week so hopefully i get to shoot then ..
so here it goes... i know its a reg portrait.. and nothing different.. but her eyes just took me in.. no added grain or anything.. just a product of b/w film

72347171_5b59c65c92_o.jpg

thanks for looking :)

O wow! If there's one thing I'll never tire of it's the feeling that film grain adds to an image...it just can't be duplicated in digital.
For that serious PJ feel - go film go!
Lovely portrait mansi...such a serious look from a lil kid - I hope she's not goin hungry or something....she looks familiar? have you posted others of her?
Keep digging....let's see some more gems. :D

thank you jon :)
well they live without a roof over their head.. from what i saw... sleep out in the open i guess... just make shift flimsy plastic tents.. she looked very uncomfortable and unhappy
i posted one of hers some months back with her father.
thanks for looking and commenting :)

What a serious look! Sad story, but unfortunately it happens everywhere. And like Jon said, the film makes the shot!

hey hey hey.. anyone else? like 100 views and 2 comments :confused:
that crappy?

Heehee she's cute. Very nice capture here Mansi. Just one question... what kind of film did you use and ISO? I finally got some BW film for my AE-1 and I'm starting to shoot again with it. I really like the graininess of this photo. Really cute shot!

Great shot Mansi. The eyes show a lot of emotion....kinda sad. And the grain on the pic is cool. Give is a newspaperery feel. Well done girl. !!

Chiller said:
Great shot Mansi. The eyes show a lot of emotion....kinda sad. And the grain on the pic is cool. Give is a newspaperery feel. Well done girl. !!
Ha, I was thinking "old magazine" kind of feel, but I like newspaper better. ;)

Love the grain here, Mansi. And you did a nice job capturing those very expressive eyes! :thumbup:

Heehee she's cute. Very nice capture here Mansi. Just one question... what kind of film did you use and ISO? I finally got some BW film for my AE-1 and I'm starting to shoot again with it. I really like the graininess of this photo. Really cute shot!
thanks m@ko :D ... i think it was ilford pan 200iso

Thanks Carl... your comments are much appreciated

Love the grain here, Mansi. And you did a nice job capturing those very expressive eyes! :thumbup:
thanks terri for looking and commenting

Most reactions

Back