Oh yeah, I own an EOS too...

Out in London of an evening I've had people ask me to take photos of them with my camera.... Well OK but what's the point, they'll never see the end result.

Hmm - I guess you could get their business card and e-mail them a picture. That's kinda a lot to ask someone on the street, I think -- but maybe that's what they're thinking. (Or maybe they're just nuts - can never rule that out.)

Hmm - I guess you could get their business card and e-mail them a picture. That's kinda a lot to ask someone on the street, I think -- but maybe that's what they're thinking. (Or maybe they're just nuts - can never rule that out.)

Of course that's the whole point. If somebody asks you to take a picture of them with your camera - it happened to me just recently - you ask for (or they give you) their email.

pascal

I'm in yearbook and people always see the 20D hanging form my neck and sayy "oooh yearbook picture!" Then pose, so I take their picture (only to delete it 3 seconds later, posed shots in the YB are crap, it's all about the candids) then later in the week, they're telling their friends their gonna be in the yearbook. I don't know what they're thinking. it's like:

-Yeah, a staff of 30 people go around with cameras that automatically put the pictures they take into the yearbook, there is no delete button and there is NO room for mistakes, having your picture taken GUARANTEES it'll go in the book.-

Puhlease, if we used ever picture we've ever taken, the book would weigh as much as a small car.

I've only gotten into children's portraiture seriously about 6 months ago. BUT I was a journalist BC (before kids) and had photography was one of my majors. I was at this moms and kids' meets and one of the moms asked me if she could come by one afternoon for a couple of hours so I can teach her how to take decent pics and how to use photoshop... (BTW, I spent HOURS and HOURS and HOURS burning midnight oil to find my PS feet)

Anelle

The scene: Laguna Seca Raceway Park, 1993 or so. Me in jeans and a polo shirt, a khaki Domke photographer's vest, and a flourescent yellow bib that said "PHOTO" on the front and back. There's a Canon EOS 1N with a rented 600mm f/4 bazooka on it slung over one shoulder (the lens wouldn't fit in my gear case: I checked it in my luggage, wrapped in blue jeans and sweatshirts!), The aforementioned gear case and a big fat Slik monopod in my hands. My editor and I are walking to the gate. Press shooters get good parking, but it's the same good parking as race fans who pay extra. As we wend our way through the infield parking area toward the entry, a gentleman steps up alongside me. From here I will paraphrase:

HIM: "What's that?"
ME: "What's what?"
HIM: "This big thing." (points to 600mm lens, paintyed Canon Bazooka Cream-White)
ME: "It's a lens."
HIM: "You with TV?"
ME: "No, it''s a camera lens...a picture camera."
HIM: "Where's the camera?"
ME: "Here." (me, pointing to the rather enormous EOS1N, which is dwarfed by the utterly ginormous lens)
HIM: "That's a camera?"
ME: "Yep. Big one."
HIM: "Yeah."
Pause. Pause. Pause. Wait for it.
HIM: "You a photographer?"

Fade to black...

Pause. Pause. Pause. Wait for it.
HIM: "You a photographer?"

Fade to black...

This is why I looooove taking out my Mamiya TLR....... or better yet, my Polaroid Sx-70. People go nuts when they see the Sx-70!! :)

I was on Pier somethingoranother in Seattle with a 4x5 view camera, and I had not one, not two, but THREE people ask me if I was shooting video.

It's a 4x5, does it really look like a video camera to you?!?!

I thought Seattle was supposed to be one of the most intelligent cities in the US!

Ok my turn.... I was at a football game on the sidelines.

Newspaper Dude taking down stats: "So are you a sports photographer?"

Me: "Yea, I consider myself a sports photographer."

Newspaper Dude taking down stats: "Are you taking pictures of the game tonight?"

Me: "No, of course not. I came to get some good pictures of the grass."

Not as good, but I chuckled when I thought about it.

Ok my turn.... I was at a football game on the sidelines.

Newspaper Dude taking down stats: "So are you a sports photographer?"

Me: "Yea, I consider myself a sports photographer."

Newspaper Dude taking down stats: "Are you taking pictures of the game tonight?"

Me: "No, of course not. I came to get some good pictures of the grass."

Not as good, but I chuckled when I thought about it.
lol, I would have said "I came to get some architectural shots but these bloody football players won't stay out of the way"

What's wrong with Rebel's?
Nothing. I think he's getting at the lady states Rebel because that is the only dSLR out on the market that all camera consumers know about because of marketing and Walmart. Not only that, but the description "It's a Rebel" isn't exactly a description of "a" camera, but a description of nearly all of Canon's normal consumer market cameras from film SLR to the XT, XTi, XSi (or whatever the new one is.)

Kind of like thinking that just because someone's car is labeled as a "Sport Coupe", it must be something fast due to the "Sport" in the label name.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back