Ohhh christmas tree....

becmaclean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Composition aside, the lighting is disturbing me in the first shot. There was too much glare so I adjusted brightness, contrast and curves..second is post-edit...but now is it too dark? (c & c always welcome)
xmas009.jpg

Post Edit:

xmas5.jpg

Nope, nothing distracts me in these photos. They have a true Christmas feel to them and the light is soft so it doesn't bother me at all. I think you did an awesome job with these. I think these photos would make a great Christmas card.

I like the Rugrats ornament hanging in the upper-right of the photos

yes, I know Rugrats, but only because my younger sister watched it :er:

oldnavy170 said:
Nope, nothing distracts me in these photos. They have a true Christmas feel to them and the light is soft so it doesn't bother me at all. I think you did an awesome job with these. I think these photos would make a great Christmas card.

Thank you:hug::

Christmas tree lighting has long been my nemesis. So, I figured I would start small and work up to the whole tree. My problem with using a star effect filter has been that I am unable to use a flash so, I am typically left with shots that are too dark. In this case though, I thought the first shot looked too washed out.

Thank you for the compliment....

cal_gundert05 said:
I like the Rugrats ornament hanging in the upper-right of the photos

yes, I know Rugrats, but only because my younger sister watched it :er:

It was rather difficult to find a spot on the tree to shoot that didn't have some sort of cartoon character hanging in the way. I found myself rearranging ornaments to get a shot:wink: . Which is why I said "composition aside" because after I took a closer look, I noticed chucky's foot had eeked its way into the picture:lol:

britonk said:
Think I prefer the 1st pic more - the 2nd is a little dark for my taste. How did you get that effect on the lights? Is it some kind of filter?

Thanks,

Thank you, I thought it was a bit washed out. I wanted more of the green of the pine and red of the garland (guess I can't have my cake and eat it too;) )

yes, it is a four point star effect filter

Most reactions

New Topics

Back