ohhh, the nerve

becmaclean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ohhh the nerve of me to never have formally introduced myself. It takes soo long to learn how to navigate around TPF that I just found this.

Well, here I am. I have been taking pictures since I can remember, my first camera was a polaroid instamatic when I was 3. I never aspire to be a professional as I feel that this would somehow steal my personal joy out of photography. Although it would be nice to have some help paying for my equipment:wink: . I somehow feel like "having" to take pictures for a living would reduce the fun in it.

I currently have only two cameras. My minolta 70 and a Sony A100. I love them both and have taken amazing pictures with them both. I often feel as though I'm missing out on something as all my good friends shoot with Nikon or Canon...and don't miss an opportunity take rank on me and ask me when I'm going to buy a "real" camera.

I do not have a special area of interest. If it catches my eye, I shoot it.

thanks for listening to my babble...I felt the need to formally introduce myself!!

A belated welcome!

becmaclean said:
I never aspire to be a professional as I feel that this would somehow steal my personal joy out of photography.

To some extent I agree with this. Although I would like to use photography within a professional context I can't imagine for example being a commercial wedding or portrait photographer. Not that there's anything wrong with doing that, I just can't imagine getting much enjoyment from it.

As for shooting with a Minolta/Sony rather than those certain other brands, I don't think you're missing out on anything except conformity. Here's an idea, stick a Minolta prime on your A100 and ask your friends when they're going to get a real lens :lol:

ZaphodB said:
A belated welcome!

As for shooting with a Minolta/Sony rather than those certain other brands, I don't think you're missing out on anything except conformity. Here's an idea, stick a Minolta prime on your A100 and ask your friends when they're going to get a real lens :lol:

I never leave home without my 50mm f1.7. I use it for a majority of my shooting. It makes me work so much harder but, the end result is much more worth it.

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back