OK 1st Attempt posting this site

Thanks for the feedback on these.
Yes Ullswater is in Cumbria between Penrith & Windermere, if you ever visit it is well worth the effort but you need a week really.

These are nice shots of obviously beautiful scenery. A couple of suggestions I would make would be to pick a little more of a theme or main subject of the picture. The one where the picture is half hill and half distant lake is pretty good but is it a picture of a hill with a lake in the background or a picture of a lake with a hill in the foreground. Kind of a subtle difference but important I think. If you're not using one I would consider a polarizing filter. There is a fair of amount of haze in the pictures which the polarizer would help with. I would also consider increasing color warmth and saturation slightly.

Also many people around the world don't really know where Cumbria is. I thought it was probably part of Britain but was not sure. In fact I had to check three different websites about Cumbria to establish that it was in fact in Britain as I thought from the scenery and town names. In any case, putting where it is in your profile might be a courtesy to viewers unfamiliar with it.

Ullswater1.jpg

AsecondPhotoofULLSWATER.jpg

ullswater.jpg

Most reactions

Back