OK 1st Attempt posting this site

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by russellsnr, Jan 26, 2005.

1. russellsnr

russellsnr TPF Noob!

2. LittleMan

LittleMan TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Nice I like the second one! And Welcome to the forum! :mrgreen:

3. Force of Nature

Force of Nature TPF Noob!

I like these, nice shooting Senior! I especially like the 3rd. Where were these taken? In Cumbria?

4. russellsnr

russellsnr TPF Noob!

Thanks for the feedback on these.
    Yes Ullswater is in Cumbria between Penrith & Windermere, if you ever visit it is well worth the effort but you need a week really.

5. drdan

drdan TPF Noob!

These are nice shots of obviously beautiful scenery. A couple of suggestions I would make would be to pick a little more of a theme or main subject of the picture. The one where the picture is half hill and half distant lake is pretty good but is it a picture of a hill with a lake in the background or a picture of a lake with a hill in the foreground. Kind of a subtle difference but important I think. If you're not using one I would consider a polarizing filter. There is a fair of amount of haze in the pictures which the polarizer would help with. I would also consider increasing color warmth and saturation slightly.

Also many people around the world don't really know where Cumbria is. I thought it was probably part of Britain but was not sure. In fact I had to check three different websites about Cumbria to establish that it was in fact in Britain as I thought from the scenery and town names. In any case, putting where it is in your profile might be a courtesy to viewers unfamiliar with it.

6. drdan

drdan TPF Noob!

:lol: I just realized that I made the same assumption in that I only put that I was was from Colorado Springs and not where Colorado Springs is. Hopefully, Colorado Springs, CO is clear.

7. PreludeX

PreludeX TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]