ok all you pinhole enthusiasts

1) Select locations/plan shots
Previsualization​
2) Cut paper
10 8X10 sheets into 40 4X5 sheets, 10 for testing, 10 for exposures, 20 for prints/reprints. Did you think I was doing just one picture? Ha!​
3) Prepare lens boards
New pinholes, and special pinholes for planned special exposures​
4) Assemble changing bag
For loading film in the field.​
5) Mix chemistry
Dektol takes a while to dissolve completely, then attain room temperature. Done a couple days in advance for this reason.​
6) Make test exposures & Develop
Minimal errors on the Big Day​
7) Acquire props
Sure, why not?​
8) Hire models
Hahahaha! Yeah, right!​
9) Check weather forecast
Thunderstorms?! ARRGH!​
10) Check studio equipment
See above​
11) On second thought.... Acquire umbrella, raincoat
See above​
12) Check darkroom accessories & safelight
Tight deadlines, gotta make sure everything is ready to go​
13) Check scanner, software
Take no chances!​
14) Make exposures
Step 1​
15) Develop exposures
Step 2​
16) Make prints
Step 3​
17) Hang/Upload/Post photos for display
That's what it's all about!​

mysteryscribe said:
And I just planned to wake up have beer, find my kodak duoflex pin hole I just made. And go to the park. I must be missing something here.

Hmmm...

Waking up is step 0.

Going to the park is step 13A

Having a beer is clearly step 0A and 18, and may (read: will) be inserted elsewhere as desired. :mrgreen:

ROFL!

Now that I think about it, this might be a good time to begin on step -1. What do you think?

Get some customers to pose for you. I would love to see some pinhole portraits. By the way I hope it's indoors this is way too early for an outdoor festival.

I was promoter for one on may first and it was the coldest day I can remember every being at a show. The wind howled and the site owner wouldn't let me start a fire in a barrel even. Can you say Pri*k...

mysteryscribe said:
The nude painter thing must have scared poor Pat off... Ah well only the strong survive here.

I should know I tried to quit twice...
I blame you. :mrgreen:

Besides, she's got 3 kids, give her some time off. :lol:

mysteryscribe said:
Get some customers to pose for you. I would love to see some pinhole portraits. By the way I hope it's indoors this is way too early for an outdoor festival.

I was promoter for one on may first and it was the coldest day I can remember every being at a show. The wind howled and the site owner wouldn't let me start a fire in a barrel even. Can you say Pri*k...
heh, this is the 3rd year I've done this one. First year they had it 2 weeks earlier than this and it was 80 degrees and HOT in that tent. ;) This year doesn't look like I will be as lucky. If I have any customers braving the cooler temps and threatened rain, NO I ain't gonna tell them to stand still for 3 minutes while also encouraging them to look at my stuff. :lol:

I don't even have a pinhole, truth be known. I was chumming up the rest of y'all. :mrgreen:

Pinholes are easy to make! And you could put up a sign saying "Models wanted for pinhole portraits!" or "Get your old-time-looking portrait made here!"

Most reactions

Back