ok camera and nice lens

lilangelstarz7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
right now i have a d50 with kit lens, and i really want to upgrade to a d80 or 200D. however I only have enough $ to buy either the nice camera, or a really nice high end lens. personally i would rather get the good glass now, and wait on the camera (it seems that everyone says to get good glass). do you think its silly to put such nice glass on this camera, kind of like rims that are worth more than an old honda civic lol? will i encounter any problems mixing these two? thanks!

Lenses on cameras are not like rims on Hondas. They are the basic tool that captures the image. Fancy rims are just cosmetic. I have 6 lenses for the digital system. Every single one cost more than my D50. Well, the 60mm Micro Nikkor might have been less but not a lot less.

Get the glass, like fmw said the lens captures the image. The body only holds the image. Yes there is more to a higher end body as far as settings go but until you have expanded you skills to where the D50 cant keep up with you should have enough camera with the D50.

go to a camera shop, bring your camera body and kit lens, and a memory card. Ask them if you can put a few lenses on the body and take a few pics around the store. then ask to see a D80 and supply your own kit lens. Bring the memory card home and compare the images. you'll want the lenses more. Only problem then will be deciding which high end lens you want.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back